BC Boards

Hello, we're new

HHi everyone, I'm so happy to meet you all and all your special fur-friends.I actually found this site many months ago, but then time has a habit of being scarce in my home, better late than never though , right ? My name is Kat, and my husband and I are owned by our wonderful year old male BC , Finncannon.We call him Finn. He is a beautiful, tall, lean, half white/black face , medium coat, and marbled like a Holstein cow. ( I will attempt to include a picture, and I tried to do my avatar, but this is my first post and I'm not sure exactly *what * this post will look like :rolleyes: I apologize in advance if it is a complete disaster :D

Finn is in advanced basic obedience, and he has been training with a flyball team called " Don't Blink " from Wellsville, PA. He has not yet run in any tournaments because of his age, but we are attending a tournament in Howard County MD in Sept, and it's possible he may run in that one.Ideally, I would like for Finn to have the opportunity to learn to work sheep, and I just learned that MABCR has a training farm in Howard County.We'll see, it's something for me to explore here with all you knowleable folks, and I'm so looking forward to talking about all things Border Collie !

Finn is our 2nd BC. Our first was a classic black/white rough , a beautiful boy named Scout.Scout went to the Rainbow Bridge last September at the age of 12 1/2. The last year and a half of his life he struggled with spinal/disc/vertebrae disease. Scout's mother was Jim Shearer's Lass.Coincidentally, when we got Finn's papers ( ABCA ) Lass is Finn's great great something grandmother.

Well, I'm going to try and include a picture, and again, I'm so thankful this site exists for all of us who have been enchanted by Border Collies and love this breed !

post-8070-1219026455_thumb.jpg

post-8070-1219026517_thumb.jpg

Hi and Welcome. As you already know these Boards are great , you can make friends and learn lots. Your boy is very handsome and it sounds like he has a pretty good life so far and some fun activities planned for the future. (I am partial to split faces )Have fun!

Hi and Welcome. As you already know these Boards are great , you can make friends and learn lots. Your boy is very handsome and it sounds like he has a pretty good life so far and some fun activities planned for the future. (I am partial to split faces )Have fun!

Thank you for the welcome, I clicked on your profile and Gypsy is SO beautiful, and learning to read, WOW ! You live near a beach, you are very lucky.We vacation at a family home at the beach for a few weeks each year.My first BC was afraid of the water and would only get his feet wet.But Finn ran right in and started chasing waves, he LOVES it.I ran out and bought him a life vest and a long floatable lead, I'm afraid of the riptides.

Kat, also partial to split faces

Welcome! Finn is very handsome :D

Thank you very much, oh Lucia is SO BEAUTIFUL, and I love her name.I went to her Dogster page and left her a bone, her pictures are amazing, so gorgeous ! I'm going to have to set up a Dogster account for Finn, so he can get himself some BC e-friends :rolleyes: .

Kat, owned by Finn