BC Boards

Newspaper article: Taking Your Dog to Work with You

It was "bring your dog to work" day a couple of Fridays ago in US. No, I did not even ask if I could do that, first because I was in vacation :D , second, I cannot even start to imagine how my day would have been

He's not (YET!) the type to stay still under a desk and be good and quiet. He would have been jumping on desks, playing with everyone - we do data management and computer aided drafting and have an open floor space full of computers, so he would certanly tried to meet EVERYBODY and steal important client documentation.

Nope, not for us :rolleyes: But what a great idea!

I can take my dogs to one of my offices, so they go to work with me 3 days a week. I bring them right from the start and have a crate for them where they spend most of the time at first, coming out for potty and play breaks. Quinn was by far the most active, into things of any of my puppies. I have lots of pictures of him in chairs, on tables or desks, and a number of him messing with computers or phones. In fact two of his commands are "Quinn, get off the computer!" (the avatar is him at the receptionist's desk) and "Quinn, don't hang up the phone!" (his paw or nose edging towards the receiver). Every so often he speed dials someone in the office :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Anda:

hahahaha Shetlander, I am trying to imagine Quinn speed dialing and the other person raising an eyebrow at the heavy panting on the other side of the line hahahahhaa

More likely they'd hear me saying "dammit Quinn!" papers rustling, then "click" :rolleyes:

LOL Funny.

I've tried suggesting to DH that he take Zeeke to work with him (with NO ulterior motives, oh no, not me!) but he just looks at me like, "You understand the HAVOC he could cause there??" DH works on a military base, so... I'm thinking a psycho, barking, protective, hyper dog would not be too welcome all day. I do take him in sometimes to visit, though.

Now if I had a day job I'd definitely try to bring Zoe. She'd do great. She likes to just sleep at my feet and chew on things all day long. Mostly toys... sometimes cardboard... sometimes cables... (I have to date lost three internet cables and three power cords for my laptop) :rolleyes:

If I am working late, I'll go home and get Angel and bring her back to the office with me. Good times... at least she is not home alone! I got a little bit of carp about it the first few times, then when I just offered to not work overtime when needed, that sort of went away. I'd love to be able to do it everyday!

My two come to work with me sort of - mainly because my fences aren't completely dog-proof, and ever since they escaped 2 days after being de-sexed - while I was at home! - I need to know where they are. I work in a school library at present, so they don't actually come inside during the day. They spend their day sleeping in their big crate in my station wagon - parked where I can see it. They have a toilet break when we get to work about 8.15, then snooze till about 1.00, when they have a quick walk and toilet break in the park next door to the school, then after school (3.30 or 4) they have a big run and walk, and maybe some training on the school oval most days.

Today is a horrible cold wintry day, with showers, so I can imagine they're cuddled up sound asleep in their crate - and will probably look at me as if I'm crazy when I go to get them for their walk in an hour or so.

My Fergus is a bit of an anxious dog, but is quite relaxed when he's in the car wherever we are, as he knows I won't be far away, and I'm coming back to him. The car is his second home.

I'd love to have them right inside with me, but I think they'd want to go off visiting the kids all the time.