BC Boards

Starting Pet store buyers anonymous

I'll admit it I bought 2 more collars and leashes for Dal today they were on sale and well they were a perfect manly style for him.

I look around though at the items I've bought and now dont use: the Large waterer that Maddie spills, The small one with the feeder that I dont leave food out in anymore. The dish next to it that is empty along with how many others in the cupboard.

Ooodles of collars, clothing, even cologne.

Someone stop me.lolol

I have to admit Dal has never worn the raincoat.

I realized the problem when I saw an inexpensive red one for Maddie and almost bought it.

I will admit that I bought 10 dollars worth of dog cookies to pick up today. They are made by solid gold though and have a good write up so they look like a good bet.

Just keep me away from those items that promise to change my life.

Walmart recently put dog clothes on sale .. we got dog clothes that are normally $20 for $1!! So we bought 2 or 3 small dog clothes that fit Rohan (cat) and about 5 or 6 that fit Riven (BC). LOL I LOVE sales!! I cant go to Petco cause I have to see everything and Im always tempted to get the shelter animal they have in there lol. I think I'll take some pictures of them in their clothes for the gallery lol.

Edited to add: there are or 2 of Rivens I think I'll put on ebay. I dont like them lol

We have a new pet supply store in Branford, Connecticut called Waggin Tails. It is still a small operation at this point, carrying top of the line, veterinarian-recommended products and foods, and I have the same problem with being unable to resist buying more than I went in for in the first place. It also has the largest variety of Merrick dog foods I have seen in any authorized outlet, and Missy thus gets a nicely varied diet. It appears that I might also be a candidate for Pet Stores Buyers Anonymous...

ACK! I know what you mean. Normally, I hate to shop. Won't go into a Wal-Mart or a mall on a bet; don't even like buying groceries. But get me into a Petsmart or Petco and I want Everything!! It's ridiculous. I keep thinking "Oh, Jes would like that....oh Beau might like that...oh that's so cool, or cute, or...." Fortunately ( :rolleyes: ) I don't have much in the way of "disposable" cash, and live on a tight budget. So I control myself by necessity. But it's not easy, even so!

lol with Electra comming soon I have been having to skip my monthy petsmart trips, thakfully petsmart is so far away from me, that monthy is the best I can do lol because the first time I walked in I walked out $80 later, the second time I walked out $104 later, the third time another $100 later, and the fourth $214 later... lol though I will need to steel myself when I have to walk in and get her a food dish lol and go with the mantra "I have dozens of leashes, dozens of collar, a house full of toys, a house full of crates, dozens of grooming equpment and a million bandanas, all I need is a food dish!" lol I may need support in this one!

Hello, my name is Cheri and I am a petcoaholic... . Seriously, I can't go in there alone or my hubby will boot me out of the house. Like my dogs don't have enough toys, balls, chewies, and treats. Is there a 12 step program to learn to quit?

I hope you take international members too...here's an application photo

DSCN0816kl.jpg

That's not all of it, not by far! There are also four more balls in the car, along with two frisbees...then there's her night reflection coat which I simply forgot and two more collars and brush number three...as well as the climbing ropes I use as leashes (not really pet store material)...her own personal blanket, teddy bear, squeaky number two, three kinds of treat balls...oh, h*ll, you get the point

I HATE SHOPPING! Tell me what happened :rolleyes:

Well I fell off the wagon I was doing so well I turned down a sweater for Maddie that will only fit her now and a few other goodies.

I did end up with more collars well, I had to buy Dal a smaller one of the one that turned out to be too big. (he slips it) I have a matching leash. Plus Maddie cant be left out can she? They were on a good sale all 3 dollars.

It's a sickness I tell ya.

LOL Ladies, ladies... I laugh at your uncontrolled spending in pet stores. I am a stone faced killer in a pet store why I hardly ever spend more then $50 in them! Yep I can't help it either. I always feel if i go in without the dogs, they well smell petsmart on me and expect a toy and treats, I'd hate to disappoint. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on pet supplies OR petfinder...I'm glad I'm not alone tho.

Who knew you could spend so much time looking at doggie stuff or petfinder profiles?! Luckily I do pretty well at avoiding the purchases/adoptions - my strict college student budget helps there for sure (my mantra is - "you have to be able to afford textbooks too!").

I cleaned out my cabinets last week and guess what I found high up top? At least $50.00 worth of cat and dog toys unopened. Some were even wrapped in Christmas paper. As I remember, we got so much for the dog and cats, they got tired of opening!!!

Worse things you could be addicted to, right? At least that's my rationalization.

I'm realy bad at it when I go with Ouzo. I think he's the one that has a shopping addiction. In the toy area, at Petsmart, I'd swear he's like a kid in a candy store. Or dog in a dog store :rolleyes: He would pick up any toy and show it to me: "This one, this one! Please, please, please! Can't live without it!"

I do not buy dog clothes but toys and treats, yup, that's me...

Following up on Melanie's idea of theme posts, and Sandra's picture above, what about a new topic in the Picture Galery of all the toys your dog(s) own?! I bet it would be fun! :D

Anda, that is a great idea !

Have to laugh along with you all. I have SUCH a tight budget and loathe shopping, but I too have the " Aw, Dylan would love that ! " bug. ( I would never buy him clothes though :rolleyes: )

Even DH has the bug. He was in the US on business last week and I got an e-mail from him saying he was dying to go to Petsmart on his day off :D Needless to say we got a bunch of stuff that I would never buy............

Originally posted by Tammy525:

I cleaned out my cabinets last week and guess what I found high up top? At least $50.00 worth of cat and dog toys unopened. Some were even wrapped in Christmas paper. As I remember, we got so much for the dog and cats, they got tired of opening!!!

LOL This will sound insane lol :rolleyes: We dont have kids and no family real close, so instead of spending money on Christmas presents for ourselves, we bought Rohan stuff lol... we didnt have Riven at the time. LOL :D We bough a few things here and there, but mostly Rohan stuff LOL. Yes, Im aware Im pathetic lol

Oh gang don't even get me started on Christmas for the dogs. Last year was our first Christmas away from most of our kids and family, so needless to say the dogs made out big time.

I have been getting way better at shopping earlier for the holidays and then end up finding stuff stashed everywhere after Christmas. Oops forgot I bought that and that and that...

LOL well the pool gets taken outside before being filled :rolleyes: ...only the wet dog comes in afterwards.