BC Boards

What does your dog do while you are away?

I always leave a radio on for badger just so he feels there is something going on in the house. The most he is left is probably 5 hours and i know he just sleeps, even if my other half Pete comes in he stays in his bed waiting for me, of course he has a 3 mile or more run over the forest before i leave for work, Badger is a lucky boy cos he comes to work with me alot but i always feel guilty when i leave him

I have three (7 years, 3 years and 1 year) and they all sleep They look forward to my departure because they all get ready to "assume nap position" when I get my keys and go to the door. The oldest one has taken residence on our couch and that is a no-no. But I see him eyeing it up as I am getting ready to leave--hmmmm. They seem irritated also if I come home early and wake them up

Loretta

Ace, Zip and Klink

MIne sleep, bark at squirrels, bark at the mail carrier, wrestle with each other, chew bones and play with toys. ON occassion, they also eat some of the furniture or other available textiles, rampage through the trash or recycling (that is barricaded behind two baby gates and a complicated additional chair barrier), steal cat food or kitty snacks from the litter boxes or chew utensils in their reach. On the next occassion, I usually remember to crate at least some of them

More seriously, they are generally good as long as they get some serious mental and physical exercise at least twice a day. If they don't, though, woe unto us.

That is too funny Ruger....I often ask Cody and his kitty sibling what they did all day when I get home? They have become the best of buds and I ask what kind of trouble they got into....actually Cody has his crate in the kitchen left open for his own time alone, when he needs it, and i have a baby gate separating him into the kitchen only and he always is lying out in the kitchen when I pop in at lunch, and seems fine doing just that. he used to have the run of the house, but he had some peeing issues that checked out thru the vet as non-medical, so he has to bekept where there is no carpet when no one is home to re train form peeing wherever he feels like it when we are away..

We let Riven have run of the house if we're going somewhere close - being gone about 2-3 hours max. If not we crate her due to her seperation anxiety. I dont know if she sleeps or not. We tried sneaking up to the house and looking in, but the tattletale cat was sitting in the window, and wouldnt shut up and she knew we were home.. :rolleyes: Every time we come home though she's at the door and as soon as we open it she runs to the couch, her designated spot to be since we dont show her attention when we come in.