BC Boards

I know it's been talked about before but peeing in the house

So I guess Tiga has pee'd on the floor in the house twice in the last little while. Well at least we think it's Tiga. The house was all just changed around. We share the house with someone else and we switched living rooms and started using a room that we haven't really been using. Once time he was caught in the act in the "pink" room as we call it which was the unused room and is now a movie room. The second time there was pee found there and apparently it was too much to be the new cat that lives there now. Should I be concerned about a UTI or some other sort of bladder infection? My SO says he shows no other signs of discomfort or anything and nothing has changed about his schedule. Is it just a reaction to all the change in the house? Since August, he's been through me leaving, coming home for a weekend and leaving again for an extended period of time. Plus someone else moved into the house with a cat and then the whole house was changed around. What do you all think? Should we take him to the vet to get checked for an infection or just wait it out or what? I'm a bit concerned. He's almost 2 1/2 years old and hasn't pee'd in the house since he was a pup.

It could be the new cat AND the changing around in the house. Jackson was 100% until we brought Skip home. Naturally, as a pup, Skip had lots of accidents at first. Then I noticed LARGE puddle spots and finally caught Jackson peeing where Skip had been. A few stern corrections was all that was needed. They are both 100% now.

I agree it could be because of the cat or because of the changing around the house.

Once Pepper got healthy(she was sick when we first got her and for months after) and was out of her crate more often, she then started marking in the house and so then Poppy was trying to mark too (although in a different spot)- despite us using scent remover.

It's been almost a month and I think they've now got their heirachy better worked out now, as there hasn't been any more marking in awhile....

I also Ditto about the cat! When I brought shelby home and after she learned about the outdoor potty area. I kept finding pee in the spot where shelby would go... and where almost every other dog ever in the house managed to mark... :rolleyes: I kept blaming shelby and taking her out to go potty and get irratated when she would just sit there... then I cought Mika in the act!!! and her puddles were just as big as shelb's. I looked in her litter box and she hadn't pee'd in it but once and was holding it all to use on the carpet and any clothes!

Tiga is most likely just not used to this new living conditions and letting you know

I hope it's just the cat being there and all the change. I think I'll at least wait until I get home and if it happens again then I'll call the vet and see what they think and have him checked. It's so frustarting, but he has been through a lot of change. Also, this cat has been known to not be 100% with his litter box in past homes, but his owner insists that it wasn't him. And I know the first time it was for sure Tiga because he was caught in the act. Thanks for your opinions and advice!

Yeah cats can pee alot more than you'd think. We had cats that were also so destructive you would have swore it was the dogs....until they were caught in the act!