BC Boards

How Did That Happen

My wife and I were out last night with the dogs for a play session. A person we had never seen before stopped by to ask what kind of dogs we had. He explained that he had seen us in the paper but now that he sees the dogs in person he is pretty certain they are not border collies, they must be crossed with something. He was also very concerned about poor Dave, he does not look like his dad Pete. There must be something wrong with Dave, have we taken him to a vet, he looks sick, he is too skinny, was he abused. We explained that we were busy giving the dogs a play session and when we are finished we will work on making Dave as fat as we can. Here is a shot of Pete and Dave ( the tail ) MacIntosh. He looks fine to us, what do you think.

post-8823-1217935352_thumb.jpg

post-8823-1217935368_thumb.jpg

I am not sure that I would like all that limelight on my dogs. A) It gives creeps who may want to take the dogs something to focus on, :rolleyes: It would put me and everything I did with the dogs in the spotlight- someone always there with opinions. But, my first concern would be A. I assume your photos were in the article? I hope you kept personal info private right? I know that you have mentioned how well bred your dogs are. It is just (a probably invalid) concern on my point...

Hi Kelpie, you are absolutely correct, the dogs are getting far too much attention. I have taken some measures to protect them. They are never out of my sight to start with. When I am out with them I take precautions and I have visited the local police. I gave them information about the dogs and they will be keeping an eye along with the animal control people. The writer do not include any personal information in the article which was wise. The up side is that this situation has opened the door for opportunities to educate people and I plan to take full advantage of that. The dogs are well bred but we stayed away from much mention of this in the article and few people would understand what the dogs really are. But, it just takes one person. Several people that have approached me have made me a little nervous. I am not sure how to explain it but they were a little too interested in what the dogs are. I ran into the same guy twice in different parts of the city so I took his picture. I now have the habit of carrying a camera everywhere I go. I am looking hard into security for the dogs.

Poor Dave felt so badly about being called sickly that he had to take two aspirins and lie down.

:rolleyes::D:D

So it's clear that your dogs are not only not Border Collies, and not properly fed, but they are abused as well!! You should immediately give Dave a mobile so he can call the SPCA. :D:D

Tranquilis - how's your monitor looking now?? :D

Tranquilis - how's your monitor looking now?? :rolleyes:
A lot cleaner than usual.

:D

But you know, these periodic baths in various fluids have got to be hard on it...

Thanks everyone, thanks BJ for the cold towel. Some people are still idiots but Dave is feeling much better now. Last night while on a walk a lady to stopped us to meet the dogs, she made a big fuss over Dave and said he was the most beautiful dog she had ever seen. This gave Dave such a boost that he was impossible for the rest of the evening, it went straight to his head. I had to remind him that not everybody loves a puppy with an extra long nose and tail and who eats socks.