BC Boards

Picture Collages In Your Signature

I have been trying to figure out how you all have made such wonderful picture collages in your signatures. I have several photo editors and cannot figure out how to blend several photos together to make one like many of you have. Tips would be great!

Ryan

I have been trying to figure out how you all have made such wonderful picture collages in your signatures. I have several photo editors and cannot figure out how to blend several photos together to make one like many of you have. Tips would be great!

Ryan

Hmmm..I was eager to read the responses to this one too. Maybe later... :rolleyes:

Well, I don't have a lot of experience with design programs, but I've learned that Microsoft PowerPoint is my best friend!! All I did was arrange the pictures I wanted in a way that I wanted, selected them all, grouped them together, then locked the aspect ratio, then right-click 'save as.' Be sure to save it as a jpeg though instead of the one that it automatically goes to... then I uploaded it onto Flickr and ta-da!

I use Photoshop CS2. I open all the files I want to use and just copy and paste them into a single document, then have a different layer for each photo and each background element to play with.

Are there free downloads of photoshop. That would be a dream come true.

Probably not legal ones!! haha

I made mine with a free program I found called Photoscape. I have a new pc and haven't been able to find all my software cds to put my other programs on, but for now this one seems to be doing what I want.

Pretty much whatever program you use the key is to layer the photos, from there you can usually make certain layers transparent and more depending on how technical you want to get or how much time you have to play around.

One way to "renew" (if you will) your 30 day free trial is to subscribe w/ a different email addy. Something in particular that I was working on I didn't finish so I registered using a different email, but you have to make sure that you delete the program completely from your computer before reinstalling or it will just come up asking for a key again. If you have no intentions on using Photoshop on a regular basis then this would be an option, otherwise it can be a real pain on deleting and reinstalling and reregistering just for free trials all the time.

I got photoshop

Not the best and not the worst - but problem is once you have figured out how to use one then you dont want to take all the time to learn another programme

Basically what i did

- for every new foto use a different layer

I had a nice foto I wanted for the background and I messed around with the colours (using hue and gradient - no reall idea what they do I moved the sliders till I got a nice colour)

then I opened all the fotos of Ben I wanted to use

clicked extract and drew a line round what I wanted to keep

cut and pasted onto a new layer and then moved that image till I was happy with that

then the same with all the other fotos

I havent figured out how to put words onto my photoshop so I then opend it in microsoft publisher (power point would do it too) and put the words I wanted

then saved it as a jpeg

Not the best siggy but it did the job - hope that makes sense??!