BC Boards

New BC owner in FL (Jax)

Hey guys. Just wanted to say this site is great. You guys have provided tons of useful info for me as a new BC owner.

I noticed there are quite a few members here in Jacksonville. Curious if any of you meet up or go to the local dog parks (Dog Wood?)??

Anyway, here is our girl Lema. She's 18 weeks and growing like bamboo! Can't wait until she is old enough to start getting involved in sports.

This is her around 7-8 weeks.

DSC01983.JPG

Here she is with her favorite toy, the chewy-rope!!

DSC01987.JPG

More chewy-rope.

DSC01992.JPG

Here she is around 14 weeks at the park.

DSC02028.JPG

Anyway, thanks again guys. Looking forward to hearing back from some other local BC owners.

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the boards, their the best,good people,a wealth of info and willingness to share.

Very good looking pup there.

Is she your first Bordercollie?

She's so cute. :D I love tri's....I don't live in Jax :rolleyes: But I do go to Dogwood - the one in Gainesville, unfortunately. I hear the Dogwood in Jacksonville is amazing, though - so I do plan on eventually taking a trip there just to use the dog park, heh.

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the boards, their the best,good people,a wealth of info and willingness to share.

Very good looking pup there.

Is she your first Bordercollie?

Thank you. Lema is our first Border Collie. I grew up with a Samoyed living in New England, but this is completely different. Lema has a lot more energy, but she seems a lot more in-control then the Samoyed. It's like apples to oranges so it's quite the learning experiance. At 18 weeks, Lema already knows names for all of her toys (only around 5 so far), sit, stay, come, roll over, lay down. high 5 and 10, play dead, and heal. Still working of the sit pretty, but the balancing needs some work. She continues to amaze me at how fast she learns this stuff, especially at such a young age.

She's so cute. :D I love tri's....I don't live in Jax :rolleyes: But I do go to Dogwood - the one in Gainesville, unfortunately. I hear the Dogwood in Jacksonville is amazing, though - so I do plan on eventually taking a trip there just to use the dog park, heh.

Yeah, the Dog Wood in Jax is very nice, although I'm not sure how much longer it's going to be around. Up until yesterday, I didn't seemed to see a whole lot of other BC's out there, but then last night a couple BC owners showed up with several dogs. Before I knew it, there were 4 other BC's running around playing frisbee. Of course Lema was the youngest, so I was hoping she was in "watch-and-learn" mode. It was intersting how focused on the discs the other dogs were. They were locked in on the frisbees, while Lema chased them around trying to play. As we were getting ready to leave, another couple showed up with 2 more BC's. Apparently, most of the owners all knew eachother, but being the rookie it was all new to me. It was fun though.

Yeah, the Dog Wood in Jax is very nice, although I'm not sure how much longer it's going to be around. Up until yesterday, I didn't seemed to see a whole lot of other BC's out there, but then last night a couple BC owners showed up with several dogs. Before I knew it, there were 4 other BC's running around playing frisbee. Of course Lema was the youngest, so I was hoping she was in "watch-and-learn" mode. It was intersting how focused on the discs the other dogs were. They were locked in on the frisbees, while Lema chased them around trying to play. As we were getting ready to leave, another couple showed up with 2 more BC's. Apparently, most of the owners all knew eachother, but being the rookie it was all new to me. It was fun though.

Yeah, there are some other border collies that show up the dogwood one but not too many.

Hey Tim,

I am down here in Ocala. Love to know of other FL people.

Leap Year--I am actually in NW Ocala, 15 min from G-ville.

Do you ever go to the Dogwood in Gainesville?

My first post here and here's our latest... though a few months ago. Our first BC, Pepper was from working parents on a ranch in Nevada and followed us all over the west for 16 years until last September. Now we have LiLu, she adopted us from a shelter in Parker, AZ and though we don't think she is pure bred she's very much a BC in attitude and actions. Good luck with your new pup! post-8435-1217796574_thumb.jpg

post-8435-1217796725_thumb.jpg