BC Boards

lost bordercollie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwww

Thanks guys

All the positive, caring vibes have really helped.

Now I suggest we all have/take good photos of ALL of our dogs, even the ones that you think you'd never lose. Raven is a dog that would never leave me. I just never thought about me leaving her. Ray is my least thunderphobic dog but a huge storm blew though St. Louis and I think that might have been just the push she needed to want to get back in the house.

Yes this boyfriend is a keeper (I hope). He's not my grandsons father but you'd never know it watching him take care of my little grandson. Plus I could hear him blushing over the phone when I called him to thank him. He's such a sweetheart, he gets my vote and I think he gets Ray's vote too!

I'll be going home and taking good pics of all my babies so at least if we have something like this happen again I'll be more prepared. Plus she's on the hurry up list for getting chipped.

We looked at some houses yesterday. My heart wasn't in anything so I don't even know what they looked like but I do know we're going to make it here with all the pups in tow. This has been very hard on our family. Dh has been gone for almost 6 weeks and we'll be apart till I sell the farm down in AR. Losing Ray was just one to many things to have to go through. I'm now counting the hours till I get home and gather up all my puppers from their many helpful pet sitters. I can't wait for some doggy lovin.

Thanks again guys, your kind words and prayers helped me get through this horrible mess!

:rolleyes:

Kristen

Oh, hurray, hurray and hurrah! Raven has come home, yes, we've all been holding our breath 'til blue: not to mention heart-stopper as well , everyone doing our prayer vigil. Heck, just like 4:00 a.m., me, it's 2:00 a.m. all of us rooting for you and Raven for a happy homecoming. what a huuuuge relief and celebration this is. :rolleyes:

I'm here back in ST. Louis with my Ray Ray. She was totaly not the same dog when I picked her up. She had almost reverted back to the way she was way back 8 years ago when I first got her. Sort of feral. It didn't take to long, maybe 3 hours or so for her to get her head back together but it was really strange how she was acting. I kept thinking that something had happened to her while she was gone. I think I"ve figured out that I"ve never left her anywhere before. I've been gone before and had my niece come over and take care of the farm including Ray but that was on her home turf. I go out of town but she stays at home with my son or DH. I vaguely remember her going to this particualr daughters about 5 years ago for a short trial run on if she could live with my daughter but that didn't work out so she quickly came home. I don't remember her having any issues then but she was that much younger.

Anyways....I'm on totally slow dial up so probably no pics but I can describe her perfectly...she's black and white with a little snippey nose and a crooked grin. We are now sharing that crooked grin. She won't leave my site. And I won't leave her like that ever again.

Thanks for all the wonderful messages of joy. I hope you all feel mine coming through. This is the best home coming wish I could have come true! My Ray and her sister May are lying at my feet while I type! Tomorrow we drive back to AR to our real home!

Happy day to all

Kristen

• 4 weeks later...

Kristen,

How is Raven. Your last post says she was not the same dog. I guess things are back to normal but how has Raven adjusted from this experience, have you noticed anything different about her.

Dave

Hi Dave

The only thing I noticed different is that about 2 weeks ago she had a seizure. She is 9 (or 10 I'm really bad about ages) and I've never seen her have a seizure before. Doesn't mean she's never had one but I'm pretty sure this was her first and hopefully her only one.

She took a while to get back to normal after her runaway event but after thinking about it, I hadn't left her with someone other than imediate family at her own house in forever. Longer than I can remember. She is an easy stressed and fearful dog but in her old age and shelterd life you'd never know those things still exsisted. So I think it was just to much for her.

I've wondered if she had a seizure while at my daughters and that's what might have freaked her out but I'll never know. She was fine by the next day after the seizure she just had. I didnt' let her run with the other dogs for a day but she is fine.

I've decided for the time being to just track anything unusual that happens with her and take her to the vet if she has another one. Otherwise she's back to her sweet growly self.

Thanks for asking. How's your poo dogs doing? I sure hope you get it figured out. I know it's bothering you and your dogs.

Good luck and thanks for your concern

Kristen

Thanks, I hope Raven does very well. The issue with my dogs cannot be identified but I have had some great help from board members. I have decided to treat all of the dogs. We have no idea if they have giardia but I am going to treat anyway and watch them carefully. It just makes sense. Last night Dave had an accident in the house, almost water. If it is not one dog it is the other and there is a good chance that they are passing whatever they have back and forth and if I do not get on it this will just continue to happen. I am keeping a daily log of happenings now so if there is a change I can look back and perhaps get a better picture.