BC Boards

the newbie blues

We've been to the sheep today.

The good news: Kessie is really getting eager now. She stopped listening well to me (and I can normally call her back in mid-chase when she's after a rabbit). She doesn't take off and chase them, but she doesn't stay down when she should, either. She tries to creep off to where SHE thinks she's supposed to be going. Since I was concerned about her lack of drive or confidence, I suppose that's a good thing in some ways!

She hates the going around the right side, but preferring one side seems to be quite normal for a beginner...

The bad news: she's still got to put up with me :rolleyes: .

I know from these boards that feeling like the ultimate useless fool is part of the ride, but that doesn't stop it from happening. Tripping over the mole hills and staying on my feet anyway was my most impressive success today :D .

Anyway, I just needed to have a bit of a moan :D . Thanks for listening!

(But don't worry, I'll be back like a flash when the next opportunity comes around! Even if we have storm, rain, and traffic jams, and bad music on the radio again.)

Well everything has to get worse before it gets better, so that means that next time will be great! :rolleyes:

Good luck next time

That's true :D . Thanks for the luck, we need it ( I do, at least).

I wish I didn't keep bickering with the trainer...but she's got quite a dominant personality, and while I don't seek leadership (yikes), I don't submit to people on this level, either.

But she's a good person and great with Kessie, so she's still in one piece :rolleyes: .

I wish someone had been there to take pictures of Kessie (not of me though :eek: ), because she looked great!

I would come watch her work and take pictures, but I don't have the money to come to Germany :rolleyes:

I love watching BC's work, there's nothing better, or more fun. Is there?

I love watching BC's work, there's nothing better, or more fun. Is there?
Being able to work WITH them instead of being in their way would be pretty neat :D . But I know what you mean. Watching your own dog discover her stuff beats it all, but I hope I'll be able to watch a trial someday (yay, fat chance :rolleyes: )!