BC Boards

He has Turned into a BC

I have been doing some extra agility training with a couple of friends lately and a funny thing happened the other day. My friend has a beautiful regal and unflappable German Shepherd named Basil. Us other 2 have typically noisy and faster than speed of light border collies ,mine Gypsy and the other Ace. Ace in particular screams his way around the course and Gypsy barks at me if I am too slow or she thinks that tunnel/jump should be next insead of what I say.Anyway we had all had a couple of goes around the course and all of a sudden Basil took off like a rocket and barked his way around the course ,it was so funny .So he has become a border collie in shepherds clothing !

How funny! Border Collies do tend to rub off on other dogs, don't they?

Lately, instead of immediately chasing after squirrels that she sees, my Staffy mix has gotten into a BC crouch and walked up on the squirrels! :rolleyes:

Hmmm... Meanwhile, my BC seems to have adjusted his barking early on so he sounds more like the braying BEAGLE down the street. Bawoooooooooooooooooooooooooooowoowoowoowoowoo. Not fair! :D

Mary

My BC does the same thing - he imitates my IGs' barks. They "aroooooo-roo-roo-roo". So does Quynn, and I've not heard another Border collie bark like that. :rolleyes:

I wish Sierra and Hallie would show some BC traits. :D