BC Boards

Icecubes.

Anyone else have pups that are crazy about icecubes? Both Piper and Skyler just can't get enough. We have an ice dispenser on the fridge and you absolutely cannot get ice without them standing right behind you waiting for theirs. They could be on the other side of the house and hear you get some ice and they are there in seconds. I bet it cools them nicely, it's been so hot the past few weeks.

I also wanted to add that they both are doing great, Piper fits right in, they get along very well. I can't believe anyone would give Piper up like that. She is just the happiest little girl in the world and I must say that she is a very well behaved pup. We had some house training issues the first 2 weeks but I think she's getting it. Seems the previous owner may have just tied her out to go to the bathroom and not walked her. I also don't know if being in the kennel for 2 weeks may have screwed up her house training.

Jade loves ice cubes... first discovered it last winter when she would pick up icicles and bring them inside to eat, so I started giving her whole ice cubes. If we open the freezer door, she's right at your feet, running through every trick she knows (she doesn't get anything without doing something for it first).

Glad to hear your dogs are both doing well!! :rolleyes:

Scooter loves ice cubes too. When I bought the dorm size fridge for the basement rec room, it had a small tray for ice cubes. I use that for Scooter's cubes. Smaller, easier to eat. :rolleyes: I also have used them when he wasn't feeling like eating, and it was a way of getting fluids into him without him vomiting it up. Helped prevent dehydration.

Anyone else have pups that are crazy about icecubes? Both Piper and Skyler just can't get enough. We have an ice dispenser on the fridge and you absolutely cannot get ice without them standing right behind you waiting for theirs. They could be on the other side of the house and hear you get some ice and they are there in seconds. I bet it cools them nicely, it's been so hot the past few weeks.

I also wanted to add that they both are doing great, Piper fits right in, they get along very well. I can't believe anyone would give Piper up like that. She is just the happiest little girl in the world and I must say that she is a very well behaved pup. We had some house training issues the first 2 weeks but I think she's getting it. Seems the previous owner may have just tied her out to go to the bathroom and not walked her. I also don't know if being in the kennel for 2 weeks may have screwed up her house training.

Keva eats icecubes all the time,the vet say's no problem.

Ahhh...Kip-sicles.

Kip LURVS ice. Crunch, crunch, crunch...

I love your member name! Just had to tell you that! LOL! :rolleyes: Is there a story behind it?

Popcorn love ice cubes too. But Pepper wants nothing to do with them. However, I have to sneak them to Popcorn :rolleyes:

because my husband gets mad that they leave the floor wet.

I have an ice eater too. The ice dispenser on our fridge puts out little chipped ice and Black Jack LOVES them. He can't get enough. When you knows you have them in your glass he'll stare you down until he gets some. They're better than treats to him.

When the weather is hot, Annie will not drink her water after playing outside unless it has ice cubes in it. We even bought special ice cube trays that make these little itty bitty ice cubes, just for her.

Is my dog spoiled? NEVER!

My Borders LOVE icecubes! In the Winter they get them for cheap treats but in the summer they get them all of the time. I have a big and deep Tupperware container that I keep in the house full of ice water for them. I fill it up to the brim with ice and then fill it up with water and they love it. I even go buy the big monster bags of ice for them so I dont use all of the freezer ice up - my wife complains she cant make iced coffee :rolleyes: I think the round ice from the bags is probably less brutal to the teeth anyway.

The best part is watching them bob for icecubes. Koda gets his face so far down in the bowl its almost up to his eyeballs :D When he has a cube and pulls his face out of the container, its has to be one of the funniest things I have seen out of him yet. Water just pours from his muzzle but he has this happy and all to proud look on his face that he got one. I should get video of them doing it.

Ryan

My 5 month old puppy, Woody, loves Ice cubes. At first, all he would do was bark at it. But when he discovered how fun they are he cannot get enough of them. We have an automatic dispenser in the fridge and any time you use it, he comes running up to you and sits real pretty till he gets a treat. I like to call them "pupsicles." He goes nuts for his ice cube. Its the best treat I can give him. (Its good for him and its free!)