BC Boards

Canadian National Championships

I'm just wondering if anyone will be attending to watch or better yet - compete in the Canadian Championships being held at Grass Creek in August? I'm taking a MUCH needed solo vacation to attend and help out (sales, I'm told). It would be great to meet up. By then, I'm going to have my new DSLR (yet to be determined - Nikon 60 or 80)

Hi KrisK, where exactly is Grass Creek. If it is in Ontario I have some time in August and since I am new around here this may be a great opportunity to meet people. Thanks

Thanks, that just might be doable. I will check into it and get there if I can. I have spent many years in the west and have had little opportunity to meet people from the east.

If it is in Ontario I have some time in August and since I am new around here this may be a great opportunity to meet people. Thanks

I believe there is also a trial this weekend in Indian River (near Peterborough). That's pretty close to me and I'd love to go watch some friends but I have so much going on I'm not sure if I can make it. They said it starts early (7am) and they'll be in early, but I just don't know that I can get my stuff taken care of here, get down there to watch and then be back in time for a committment I have at noon. That's Saturday though, and it's also on Sunday.

I believe there is also a trial this weekend in Indian River (near Peterborough). That's pretty close to me and I'd love to go watch some friends but I have so much going on I'm not sure if I can make it. They said it starts early (7am) and they'll be in early, but I just don't know that I can get my stuff taken care of here, get down there to watch and then be back in time for a committment I have at noon. That's Saturday though, and it's also on Sunday.

Peterborough, eh? That's where I go to school, I could make it out there and spend a night in my new house without any furniture.. :rolleyes:

I would love to attend, and intend to. I live two hours away, so it's an easy day trip :rolleyes: I'm hoping to meet Amanda Milliken, and some other local working breeders.

Should we arrange some sort of meetup for the folks on here? I'd love to meet you guys in person!

I'm fairly sure I'll be helping out at the Ontario Border Collie Association booth for some of the time. Maybe we should all have a name tag that says "I'm from the Boards" :rolleyes: that way we could 'ID' one another! If I recall correctly, there is a message board on the site. I can't wait to attend again. It was the greatest experience!

. . . I just don't know that I can get my stuff taken care of here, get down there to watch and then be back in time for a committment I have at noon. That's Saturday though, and it's also on Sunday.

The order of classes is Ranch, PN, NN, Open, Nursery on Saturday, NN, PN, Ranch, Nursery, Open on Sunday, so you may want to time it so that you can watch Open.

A

Grass Creek is a particularly nice trial -- well organized, beautiful setting on the St. Lawrence River, challenging sheep who live on an island most of the year but are brought over for the trial, and enthusiastic spectators. I'm not able to go this year myself, but if you are close enough to go and watch it I feel sure you'd enjoy it.