BC Boards

One year anniversary

bc friend

7/9 was Sara's 1 yr anniversary of her liver cancer surgery and today is the anniversary of her coming home. I'm happy to say that she's continuing to do well. I knew that even though 40% of her liver was removed, they were unable to get all of the cancer. It's a slow growing type however. Her recent check up showed that in general she's still in good health - the remaining tumors are now marble sized (the ones they removed were softball and tennis ball sized). You couldn't tell there's anything wrong w/her other than old age and arthritis - she may be slow but she's still active, plays frisbee, bosses the other dogs around, etc. And for a dog that's almost 16, I think that's great.

So even though I worried about it, I don't regret having put her through a very invasive surgery because even if I lost her tomorrow, she's had a wonderful year that she wouldn't have had otherwise. I'm just amazed at how quickly and how well she recovered from the surgery.

Congratulations! That's great news, and something to keep in mind. We never know when we might have to make a decision like that about our furry best friends. It's good to know that there is hope for seriously ill dogs. Good for both of you!! :rolleyes: