BC Boards

Howdy!

Hi There Everyone, My name is Maddy, I live in Tasmania , Australia. My family and I own 4 Australian Koolie's and 3 BC x Koolies. I currently have 2 of our younger Koolies in training for practical farm work and Sheepdog trialling. The first one, Evie is coming along really well, she is really focused and shows a huge amount of natural ability. The other is Evie's full sister, Dixie. She was returned to us because her owner took a disliking to her. She didn't know a single command and didn;t even know her own name. When it came time to trying her on the sheep for the first time she showed no interest at all, but i have been working with her whenever i can and she is showing more ability every lesson. :D

Mum and I are hoping to get into training and breeding working BC's in the near future, we hope to import a dog or 2 from the UK. I am currently researching different bloodlines etc. to work out which will suit our needs best. :rolleyes:

I am glad to have found this great forum and really look forward to learning more about the BC from you all.

I have also posted a few pics of our Koolies. :D

darc01.jpg

This is Mum's Border Collie x Koolie, Darcy.

ev03.jpg

This is young Evie, she is about 20 months now.

dixie.jpg

And this is Miss Dixie

Hey there! Can you tell us a bit about your Koolie dogs? How they work, style etc... are they more like Kelpies? also what color do call Evie and Dixie, its kind of hard to tell from the pic. Are they merles?

Betty

Hey I am new too !!! How's Australia??? I live in Arizona. I used to have a border collie, but she passed away :rolleyes: , my dad is getting me another one though :D , she was born the day after my birthday

have fun on the site

-Janeen

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Can you tell us a bit about your Koolie dogs? How they work, style etc... are they more like Kelpies? also what color do call Evie and Dixie, its kind of hard to tell from the pic. Are they merles?

I consider our koolies to work more in the bc style rather than the kelpie. They are quite upright workers, but show a minimal amount of eye, compared to some of the borders and kelpie I have seen work. I have a short video of Evie in the paddock for the first time being introduced to short casts (or outruns) here is the link:

Evie Video Clip

Both Evie and Dixie are merles, Evie is 'Black Merle Piebald' and Dixie is a 'Black merle'

Hey I am new too !!! How's Australia??? I live in Arizona. I used to have a border collie, but she passed away sad.gif , my dad is getting me another one though smile.gif , she was born the day after my birthday

have fun on the site

-Janeen

Hey Janeen! Not sure about the rest of Australia, but down here in Tasmania it is freezing and wet, everything is covered in mud and absolutely sloshy..lol!

I bet its hot over there in Arizona at the moment!