BC Boards

Pooping on walks

Whenever I take Scooter for a walk, the first thing he does when we get to the park is poop, which is probably typical, :D but it's usually yellowish and very soft--not diarrhea. Is this excitement? Since it's before we start our walk, I know he's not dehydrated (he won't drink anything till we get home, but that's a different issue!) :rolleyes: This seems to be the only time this happens. Just wondering.. :D

No matter when Annie last pooped, she almost always does it on her walks. It is almost as if she is re-marking her territory, and her territory is anywhere she goes. If it has not been that long since she last went, her stools are soft, almost like chocolate soft-serve ice cream. (Now there's a mental image for you!)

I can't remember who it was who said their dog was having very soft, almost liquid excitement poos recently. Regardless, I think it's a common thing.

I wouldn't say Pete has very soft stools but I can relate to Bustopher about Daisy. It doesn't really matter when Petey's been last, he'll most likely end up going on his walk, this could be from excitement, or maybe it has something to do with the exercise factor of the walk that gets things moving.

Tiga's the same as well. Soft excitment poos. Also have issues with him drinking at the park. He's picky. He likes his water to be fresh and only his. We got him a gulpy (I'll see if I can find a link to a pic) and it works wonders.

ETA:

http://www.petdiscounters.com/Gulpy-Pet-Wa...mtebcchji4frkk4

d_5926.jpg

I can't remember who it was who said their dog was having very soft, almost liquid excitement poos recently. Regardless, I think it's a common thing.

I wouldn't say Pete has very soft stools but I can relate to Bustopher about Daisy. It doesn't really matter when Petey's been last, he'll most likely end up going on his walk, this could be from excitement, or maybe it has something to do with the exercise factor of the walk that gets things moving.

It was Foxy, she does get excitement poos when we go somewhere else. I have, however, been able to get her to go BEFORE we leave, so if she tries to start going i just say ah ah and she has been able to stop getting so worked up and she will quit trying to go and I wait until I can take her to a specific potty area and then I let her go with the "go potty" command. I am in control of the poops as of now. Hopefully I can start from here and get a better grip on them so we can enjoy more outings without worrying about her having the oops poops.

I am switching her to California Natural as well, I think she has a very sensitive stomach, and the simpler list of ingredients in the California Natural look like they might do her stomach some good. I havent decided on the Chicken or the herring yet though.