BC Boards

Daylight savings

Double ugh! Not wanting to confuse you - but we've just come out of daylight savings. (Comes of living on the bottom of the world!) The extra hour of sleep was nice today, but I miss the extra bit of daylight at the end of the day. We've had a lovely long Indian summer, but autumn (Fall) has come in really cold = snow on our nearby mountain and all - well, a little bit of snow.

Hi Tassie,

I did not know Tasmania was in Australia.

Used to be a cartoon here in the states with a character called tasmanian devel.

If we get an extra hour of daylite at end of day. Does that mean sunrise is an hour later? I'm curious what time my dog Bandit will be pawing me to get up for his walk.

Hey Lance

Yep - Tasmania is the island State off the Southeastern corner of mainland Australia. And in spite of being a State, we do sometimes get left off maps!

And yes, we are the home of the real Tasmanian Devil - a marsupial (raises young in pouch, like kangaroos) carnivore about the size of a small/medium dog - very good for cleaning up carrion, although they will take chickens etc as well. Here's a link to our Parks and Wildlife site, which gives you info, pic and sounds

Tasmanian devil

And yes, sunrise would be an hour later once you're in daylight saving - e.g. 5.00 am becomes 6.00 am DST - so if Bandit wakes you at sunrise, you'll likely be waking him for a little while!