BC Boards

I got my own agility field!!

For my B-day this year I made me and Black Jack an agility field by our back yard. I have wanted to get one for a while now so I finally saved up enough to get it. I got some sod and some green wire fencing. It's about 25' X 25'. So enough room for a couple jumps, a set of weaves, and mabye a tunnel. I have it fenced on two sides so far and I'm going to build a wooden pole fence in front. Then I'm going to add a kennel to the side to hold my stuff. I will get pictures tomorrow and post them. I'm really excited about it. We finally have an area to play agility! :rolleyes:

Congratulations. Solo's first home agility equipment (six metal-base weaves and a set of four practice jumps) is coming this week. I am very excited. If Solo knew, I guess he'd be excited too, but he's a dog so he doesn't know.

If Solo knew, I guess he'd be excited too, but he's a dog so he doesn't know.

:rolleyes: i am with Laura, Melanie you made me LOL!

Belated Happy Birthday AJ.

We have some garden agility and we got it out the other week for the first time with Zac. Holly remembered it from last year and was a lot better at the tunnel and jump. Zac was not sure about the tunnel, he had to go through after a tennis ball at first or i think he thought it would eat him alive in there. As he is still young he only did the tunnel and a little bit of the weaves but still had a lot of fun, i need to get it out more regular now though and add some more bits i think.

Have fun!! look forward to seeing your photo's! :D

Thanks guys. I had a good one Just sat around the house and played with Black Jack. It rained really hard today so we didn't get to play much though. I got a little more done with the field in between rain storms. I got my 10 X 10' kennel set up beside it. and some of the fence up.

I got my agility stuff from here Agility stuff They have really good stuff. I love everything I got. It's so easy to break down and move too.

I highly recommend saving up to invest in a tunnel. It's one thing I found I really couldn't improvise for adequately, and there is so much training that one can do with it.

I don't know why, but having just one tunnel made me feel like I actually owned some Agility equipment!!

I agree with what was said about investing in a tunnel. Like other then the play kind. I know NTI Global as great tunnels, and prices. They are the cheapest standard size -- sturdy tunnel place. I have a play tunnel from toysrus.com. Its got a few holes in it, and I had to stop trialing for a few months because my dogs werent probably desensitized to dark tunnels.

Other then that, Affordable agility is a good place to get equipment, there are a lot out there that are cheap, but Affordable agility is the best place to buy jumps if you arent making them.

And staying on topic... CONGRATS on your own field!! Thats so great! You guys will have so much fun with it XD. Cant wait to see pictures.

Diane