BC Boards

Oh ... Hai

My name is Tweed.

2585791668_dee1777286.jpg

I qualified for the AAC Nationals for the 4th year in a row.

I came in 2nd in my class in Jumpers on Sunday

I came 6th in my class in Gamblers on Sunday.

I recently dropped to 16" Specials because I'm now over 8 years old and I want to play agility for a long time to come. It was my first trial at a 16" jump height. On the first day, I sucked donkeys but on the second day, I found my cadence and I rocked it out.

RDM says she is very proud of me :rolleyes:

My name is Tweed.

2585791668_dee1777286.jpg

I qualified for the AAC Nationals for the 4th year in a row.

I came in 2nd in my class in Jumpers on Sunday

I came 6th in my class in Gamblers on Sunday.

I recently dropped to 16" Specials because I'm now over 8 years old and I want to play agility for a long time to come. It was my first trial at a 16" jump height. On the first day, I sucked donkeys but on the second day, I found my cadence and I rocked it out.

RDM says she is very proud of me :rolleyes:

I'm sure she is. Congratulations, Tweed.

Congratulations! That is very, very, very cool.

You've got to hand it to a dog who times his episodes of lameness to occur between important events.

Oh, and Beeko says 16" jumps rock. Kepler says "If you don't put those jump bars up to about 30" so I really have to work to get over them, I'm never going to learn to keep my back legs up!"

Hai Tweed,

Wicked T Dog here. Your Jumpers run on Sunday was stellar. And you understand the command "NOOOONOTTHATONEGOTEETERNOOOOOTEETERGOGOGOTEETER!!!!!!!!!!!". I don't know that one so I just took the jump.

Congratulations on your placements! My person won't run me at 16" because she is too scared. Apparently, I could run as low as 10" now. My person thinks that would be a Very Bad Idea, so I guess I will be doing 22" for a while longer.

And you understand the command "NOOOONOTTHATONEGOTEETERNOOOOOTEETERGOGOGOTEETER!!!!!!!!!!!".

OMG, right? I had no idea my dog could redirect like that. He is SUCH a good boy and he tries so hard!! We really needed that gamble!

I can imagine that Wicked jumping 16" would basically be like attaching bottle rockets to her legs. JLE said "Why don't you put Tweed in 10"?" and I went: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can you imagine? Tweed? at 10"? No freakin' way!

Piper wants Kepler to know that if you REALLY want to drive the handler lady crazy, run under the jumps. You get where you are going way faster, and the lady with the wieners turns, like, purple.

Mr. Woo has no comment, except for the barkscreaming he does the whole time I am running Tweed. He is a Very Jealous Dog.

RDM

Abby says congratulations to Mr. T and also that she can almost match Woo's barkscreaming but only while at the start line of the course. Her person didn't take a picture of her with her qualifying ribbon yet but she did take one home!

Ryan says "woo woo WOOOOO!" like he said to RDM all weekend.

.....but on the second day, I found my cadence and I rocked it out.

RDM says she is very proud of me :D

Well, it's about time she says that. Haven't we been telling her all this time that you're pretty special :rolleyes: . Way to go Mr T and RDM (hmmmm - sounds like an interesting re-direction command - maybe it's worth trying that. :D )

LOL! I can just see that in action. Too funny! :D

Ha! Easy for you to say, since you obviously haven't been there :rolleyes:

We have, and to put a stop to it I stacked about six jump bars atop the other, more like a wall than a jump. Now we go over the jump some of the time, and the rest of the time we can't be bothered to slow down and just run right through the jump, bars flying every which way. I suppose you find that image amusing as well... :D:D

Alaska,

Nope, I haven't been there since I don't do agility, but I think you have to give Piper credit for her free thinking (she's saving energy that way). I have a dog who will readily jump fences when asked in order to get to stock but when faced with an agility jump just gave me the old WTF look. Anyway, I assumed RDM told the story because she thought it was somewhat amusing. If you don't find it amusing, I'm sorry, but no need to take me to task for finding it so. After all, it wasn't you or your dog I was being amused by. Frankly if I had a dog with that little desire to go over jumps I'd find something else for it to do. Sheesh!

J.

Piper wants Kepler to know that if you REALLY want to drive the handler lady crazy, run under the jumps. You get where you are going way faster, and the lady with the wieners turns, like, purple.

WTG Tweed! Congrats!

Pssst Piper - try this one, it's another "creative" move......

Instead of running under the bars just grab hold of the top one as you go "through it" then drop it when you are clear.....

Oops, sorry Julie. I meant the scowly face icons to be tongue in cheek, but it looks like they came across just the opposite. What I meant was to follow in the same vein as your post, certainly not to take you to task. Doing agility with your best friend is all about amusement - it's hard not to crack up at the crazy ideas they sometimes come up with (no doubt they think the same things about us). I should have known better than to hijack Tweed's well-deserved thread anyway.

But now I feel the need to address the notion that Young Kepler lacks the desire to jump. That boy has all the desire in the world. I deleted the last paragraph of my previous post before sending it because it seemed like even more of a hijack, but what it said was that I finally figured out what's going on with the jump crashing. Kepler is so completely focused on me that he tries to run the course at breakneck speed without ever taking his eyes off me, so he doesn't really see the details of the upcoming jump, and my practice jumps are so lightweight that he doesn't much care if he crashes them. Most agility dogs naturally tend to be either more handler-focused or more obstacle-focused. Whatever kind of dog you have, you need to teach the other to give them some balance. Now that I've realized Kepler is totallly handler-focused, I've started to teach him obstacle focus. To start with, I've been waiting for him to at least glance in the direction of the jump before I release him, and he clears the jump just fine. Eureka!

Sorry to you as well, Tweed. I should have kept quiet after my first post on this thread :rolleyes:

I should apologize too, for my own snarkiness. Obnoxious posts in the general section had me feeling a bit growly this afternoon, and it spilled over here. Maybe you can get Piper and Kepler together and come up with a whole new way of doing agility! It might be ugly, but it might be fun (for the dogs at least)! :rolleyes:

And just to bring this back on track, way to go Tweed. Your mama talks bad about you, but we all know she's madly in love with you (even if she does dress you up in silly clothes).

J.

And just to bring this back on track, way to go Tweed. Your mama talks bad about you, but we all know she's madly in love with you (even if she does dress you up in silly clothes).

BUT THAT'S ALL HE'S GOOD FOR!!!!

RDM

I've got a photo of RDM *snuggling* Tweed and smiling...if I weren't so deeply afraid of RDM, I'd post it! :rolleyes:

Congratulations - Tweed's Jumpers run in particular was nothing short of spectacular, and the NONONONONOTEETERNOGOTEETER was equally impressive. Chester was much like Wick...apparently "out teeter" really meant "race to mom as fast as you can taking the jump instead because it's quicker"

I've got a photo of RDM *snuggling* Tweed and smiling...if I weren't so deeply afraid of RDM, I'd post it! :rolleyes:

Don't think of it as being deeply afraid of me, think of it as having a healthy sense of self preservation.

*scowls menacingly at Dana*

RDM

• 1 month later...