BC Boards

Flopping diagrams

Dear Virgil, I just read your article on "flopping" but was getting lost trying to create my own mental pictures. Is there any way you can post some diagrams (I rely on them from your book) or give a little more description for us challenged by translating words into actions? Thanks - I would love to have sheep settling in to me. My dog does not understand his intense effect on sheep which causes even more action and reaction. I'm trying to find exercises which enable him to relax in the work.

Nancy bovee

Dear Virgil, I just read your article on "flopping" but was getting lost trying to create my own mental pictures. Is there any way you can post some diagrams (I rely on them from your book) or give a little more description for us challenged by translating words into actions? Thanks - I would love to have sheep settling in to me. My dog does not understand his intense effect on sheep which causes even more action and reaction. I'm trying to find exercises which enable him to relax in the work.

Nancy bovee

Biggest thing when you are starting with a young dog is to never go in a straight line and keep your dog well back off the sheep. Stay in a turn, one way or the other. Hope that helps to give you a picture.

Vergil