BC Boards

We are having 2 of our Aussies trained by a BC trainer who we like. However, we want to start our other dog at home. DH is building a new round pen. What is the best surface for it? We are in the desert of AZ. After the pen is up, what should be work on first? My 4 sheep are only partially dog broke. My Keesha is obedience trained but not used to working sheep with me (newbie) or me with her. Thanks. N

We are having 2 of our Aussies trained by a BC trainer who we like. However, we want to start our other dog at home. DH is building a new round pen. What is the best surface for it? We are in the desert of AZ. After the pen is up, what should be work on first? My 4 sheep are only partially dog broke. My Keesha is obedience trained but not used to working sheep with me (newbie) or me with her. Thanks. N

For the surface, use dirt if possible. Not too rocky or you will hurt pads.

First thing is to try to help her gather and widen her off of them. Aussies like to be in tight so you have to teach them to widen out.

Good luck -

Vergil