BC Boards

dog over run sheep

have two BC that work. one is seasoned but the other is a nebie.

the Nebie will circle the three sheep and then will walk through them and single out the lead sheep.

i have dropped him behind the sheep and all goes well for awhile. the sheep start to graze and pay little attention to dog and he then will walk pass them and single out the lead sheep. he will fetch this sheep and after a little while will realize he has to go back to get the others.

i had leghuggers and just got these three sheep about 2 months ago. the seasoned BC moves them well and if he get too close they will challenge him.

i have looked in your book but unable to come up with a solution. do you have any suggestions. thanks in advance.

bill

have two BC that work. one is seasoned but the other is a nebie.

the Nebie will circle the three sheep and then will walk through them and single out the lead sheep.

i have dropped him behind the sheep and all goes well for awhile. the sheep start to graze and pay little attention to dog and he then will walk pass them and single out the lead sheep. he will fetch this sheep and after a little while will realize he has to go back to get the others.

i had leghuggers and just got these three sheep about 2 months ago. the seasoned BC moves them well and if he get too close they will challenge him.

i have looked in your book but unable to come up with a solution. do you have any suggestions. thanks in advance.

bill

Ok - let's see what we can do here - first I would work on larger groups - 8-12 sheep. The moment that the dog leaves sheep, make it go back and get the others...it's a good way to teach a "look back" at the same time.

Good Luck - Vergil