BC Boards

Girls Names

Ok guys I might be having a new little black and white fluffy baby join Ness and I next week. They are 7 weeks Friday but still waiting to hear from the breeder whether there is definitely one for me.

Any way I am trying to think of a nice girls name to go with Ness (short for Lochness). I was hoping for something Scottish. At the moment I have Kenzie which I keep coming back to but anybody got any other suggestions. She will hopefully be an agility/obedience dog with a bit of herding thrown in if she has any potential.

I don't as yet have any photos of her (well I have 6 week old photos on the breeders website but don't know which girl might be mine).

Any other ideas - I had Alibi, Quest hmmmmm thats about it.

Sally and Ness

Well ahoops they should be 8 weeks next Friday and I am not sure when she will come here if I get her but your certainly most welcome for puppy cuddles :rolleyes:. Thanks for the suggestions everybody who I say Kenzie says thats the best I have come up with. Its so hard to find a name that isn't already in use with a friends dog.

Thanks for the suggestions Aquarius89 - some of those could be in the short list too :D.

Hi again ,I have been going through a book I have set in Scotland here are some cool( and not so cool names)

names

Danu/Dani-Celtic goddess of luck

Geillis

Bridie

Lissa

Jocasta

Maisri(not my fav but thought id include)

Bri

hope this is some help

Anne

The first thing that pops into my mind is Drambuie (which is an alcohol, I know), but I have no idea how it's pronounced. It could be be Dram for short (unless Dram rhymes with pram, which sounds more masucline to me. If Dram rhyme with dream or draim, that could be a nice girl's name).

I have a good friend with a dog named Pleat. I like names that end with a hard letter that sounds in full and strong when you speak it. If your first dog is named Lockness ( Ness ) look for another great scotish body of water with a great name. Some scotish rivers have great names.

Hi again ,I have been going through a book I have set in Scotland here are some cool( and not so cool names)

names

Danu/Dani-Celtic goddess of luck

Geillis

Bridie

Lissa

Jocasta

Jocasta was Oedipus' mom... not sure that's the association I'd be going for...

I like the rest of them though!

Ack! Nevermind- I should have read the whole post before typing. "Smacks Hand on Forehead." I agree with Melanie... Jocasta gives the feeling of some errr, questionable breeding.

What about naming your second dog after another mythological beast like Hydra, Chimera, or the three headed dog that guards hades Cerberus?

If you watch TV or listen to the radio, a name might come to you. We saw a movie the other night (Black Widow) where the lady's name was Reni so I named one of our pups Reni. Ren Ren for short. There is also a website with names for babies so you could do a google search. We aren't good at names either. DH named my girl Alfie; go figure. N

post-7262-1211514163_thumb.jpg

Well guys its all been signed sealed and delivered. Not quite but meet my new little baby girl pictured here by the breeder at 6 weeks.

marniegirl3_6wks_sit.jpg

Should get her next Wednesday all things being well. Her pet name will be Kenzie I think unless I change my mind between now and then.

Hey Ness, she's absolutely gorgeous. Oh boy, are you in for some fun.

On the name thing - I like Kenzie too - you could shorten to Kenz out on course - always a consideration for a girl with agility in her future. My Kirra becomes Kiz on course - but then that's mainly because I'm too short of breath to say the full name in time :rolleyes: .

Are you coming over to Melbourne for Nationals this year - if so, will the new little one be coming? You should start getting her used to the trial scene early, you know! :D

Or doesn't :D . So Tassie I need a fancy name for her Winpara ................................ with 30 letters and spaces to play with I am out of ideas.

Was thinking Winpara Western Treasure until somebody informed me if I do intend moving to WA its a bit of an overkill. :rolleyes: