BC Boards

Maggie is in ICU! UPDATE 10:30am

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the good vibes and prayers worked! Maggie is lying under my desk as I type!

She's to take things slow for the next week, but has been cleared for therapy dog work on Friday if she's up to it.

Her foot is sore - she's having trouble walking up stairs - and she has to go back for a recheck of liver enzymes and urine in a week. I'm to keep an eye out for breathing difficulty and any odd lethargy as well given her bruised lungs.

Other than that, my girl is well on her way to being her spunky self soon! :rolleyes: I couldn't be happier!

Now we can really celebrate!!! :rolleyes:

Ya know, therapy work isn't just for the people - it has been known to help dogs heal too! have fun on Firday

So she can get back to agility in a few weeks as well I gather? I am so glad she won't have any lasting physical effects.

Goodness this is just horrible. I can't understand how someone can just drive off after that. I sooooo glad to hear Maggie is doing better. My heart just goes out to the both of you.

Hang in there!

-jay

I'm so happy that she's getting better. I bet you and her are glad to be home. My prayers are still with you guys. Take care. God Bless

Your heartbeat at your feet!

Erin i am sooooo happy that your Maggie is doing well. Now is the time to think about how this will never happen again to maggie.

The driver most certainly should of stoped but we must prevent our dogs from going places they are not surpose to go .

May you and maggie enjoy each other for many years to come .

bobh

Believe me bobh, Maggie will never be off lead unless in a securely fenced area (were were in a fenced field, but the fencing did not reach the ground all the way in some places). That decision was made as soon as I knew I'd be taking her home with me in one piece.

Of course Maggie's prey drive doesn't seem to have been reduced - she tried jumping onto her window seat this am to watch a squirrel, but missed and fell because she forgot her wrist hurt and she can't grip well right now. :rolleyes: She'll be babygated downstairs while I'm at class for sure.