BC Boards

Maggie is in ICU! UPDATE 10:30am

Im glad it wasn't worse! I hope she pulls through with no permanent damage. Best of luck and let us know asap when you know she's ok.

Oh yeah; and that they just drove off! If I accidentally hit a dog I would make sure they got the care they need. that's horrible. when one of my dogs got hit the woman stayed until he was on his way to the vet. she even wanted to pay for it, though it wasn't her fault. The poor woman was crying and really upset. my dog was fine though. the vet let us take him home right away.

Get well soon Maggie!!! all my wishes are with you two tonight.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to the boards and haven't posted a proper intro yet but wanted to let you know that we are all praying for Maggie and sending her lots of healing energy. Hubby asked St Francis{Patron Saint of Animals}to watch over her and bring her home happy and healthy. As far as the so called humans who failed to stop after hitting her... well I won't even go there. We are all thinking of Maggie and you today. Love, Finns mom

UPDATE

Just talked to the vet and vet student in charge of Maggie's case today.

She did well overnight, though did appear a little anxious w/ them. She's up and mobile and putting weight on the front leg we were worried about.

There is some lung bruising, but no hernias or other internal injury (i.e. NO surgery!). The vet will run two ECGs today to check heart function, examine urine for any signs of trauma to the urinary system, and run blood work to catch anything they've missed, but she expects her to be aok.

I get to go visit this afternoon and she'll prob go home around 5:30 tonight.

My girl is a fighter, and extremely lucky; all your well wishes are much appreciated! I do truly believe in the power of positive thoughts and such for stuff like this.

When I read the first post my heart broke into for you and Maggie. I'm so glad to hear a positive update on your girl and I hope and pray she continues to do well and recover w/ no problems at all.

We know when she comes home how spoiled she is going to be, but she deserves every minute of it too.

That is such good news!! Best wishes for her further recovery!

That's terriffic! I'm glad shes doing well!! WHEW!

I dont know how someone can just hit an animal and drive off.. I've never hit anything but I'd be devastated if I hit a squirrel let alone a dog!

I stopped to try and round up 2 loose dogs of a main road one night, well a man hit one of them. He stopped, but when I said it wasnt my dog, I was just trying to get them out of the road and home, he said well, you got him now, I gotta run and took off! What an @$$! I couldnt believe he didnt even want to see if he'd be ok! I worked for a vet down the roa at the time, called in an emergancy call got a hold of the owners, unfortunately the dog didnt make it but the owners were grateful I brought him in and I was amazed that the man that hit the poor dog just up and left, no regrets!

What is the world coming too? Where's the compassion?

I am so glad to here that Maggie will be all patched, haveing a dog/cat get hitt by a car is very trumatic. I am so happy to hear that she survived it.

make sure you give her everything she wants now :rolleyes:

Erin, I am so happy she's doing better! I was thinking of her all last night and this morning I came to check in, hoping the news will be good! And they were! Great!!! I hope she gets to come home soon and let you spoil her and treat her like a princess!

Late to read your post. How did the night go? I pray with all my heart and soul that she is alright???

I agree with what Dixie Girl said, cept.... let's make it 4 flat tires and the spare too!

I do believe in Karma, so they will eventually get their dues, and the good people will be rewarded in a special way.

Bless you and your little girl. Love ya Maggie, get well honey