BC Boards

Did anyone see Jack Knox on RFD?

I taped RFD's horseman last night and got to see Jack K. doing an interview.

He looked rather shy and a little lost for words which isn't the Jack I know. He told of his journey from Scotland to the US and then went on to talk about the dogs. It wasn't very long so hard to get technical but he did touch on the "correct the wrong and leave the right alone" They showed him working with some green dogs in an arena. I think in the pre show clip they showed him working one of his own pups for a minute or at least a dog that wasn't as green. I thought I heard him call the dogs name which was Nel and I know he has a pup with that name.

I was glad to get to see one of our best being interviewed. They compared him to Ray Hunt the horseman for the dogs.

Cool

Kristen

I was glad to get to see one of our best being interviewed. They compared him to Ray Hunt the horseman for the dogs.

Wow, I wish I'd seen it. :rolleyes: I remember when I met Jack at Julie's clinic in January, he told me his young daughter is very into horses. I guess he'd gone to one of her events or clinics or something and got to talking to some horsemen of the Ray Hunt school of thought, and of course they immediately discovered how much their training methods had in common.

I'm going to search the TiVo when I get home to see if RFD will re-run the episode.

Wow, I wish I'd seen it. :rolleyes: I remember when I met Jack at Julie's clinic in January, he told me his young daughter is very into horses. I guess he'd gone to one of her events or clinics or something and got to talking to some horsemen of the Ray Hunt school of thought, and of course they immediately discovered how much their training methods had in common.

I'm going to search the TiVo when I get home to see if RFD will re-run the episode.

We caught it- it was pretty good, I enjoyed the story on how he came over and they were comparing him to Ray Hunt on dogs. The only thing I didn't care for was the focus on the dog that wouldn't recall- would have rather seen focus on starting a pup/young dog with farmer or rancher might take away from the program. Not Mr. Knox's fault- it seems alot of uninitiated people focus more on the obedience aspect of working dogs rather than the actual work.

Yes I agree with the young pup and the recall story. BUt it's such a fine art, that it's hard to understand what he's exactly talking about even if you have knowledge about stockdogs so maybe it was a story that the public could relate with.

If you search for the episode it was listed about dressing in costumes for Arabian riding. It said nothing about Jack in the description on the guide.

I think Jack was there for a seprate clinic cause the dog they showed him with was in a clinic type setting. Both Kathy and Kate (his daughter) are into horses. Jack is not. Or so he says if questioned about it. But Kathy is really into them and goes to lots of horse clinics.

Kristen

Someone quite sweetly Tivo'd it for me, so I got to see it last night. Unfortunately for HIM I also made us watch all of the native costume stuff too - and old passion of mine. Anyway, agreed on what's already been said, but it was nice to see Jack. He did look kind of uncomfortable, but I don't think he's all that terribly comfortable being in front of a camera like that (can't say as I blame him, either).

• 2 weeks later...