BC Boards

She just fell over...???

We will be in Denver/ Boulder, but Fort Collins isn't too far away. One of the vets at our current office in AZ is a CSU grad, and the vet in CO that we used to see is a CSU grad, lol I am quite partial to that school. I will have to see if i could maybe bring her up there while we are in town. I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks!

Nancy I just almost spit soda all over my computer. LOL Poke does have a very active rear so it is quite possible he knocked her feet out from under her. LOL

Nothing about her normal routine has seemed odd, but Ceana is not one to show pain or discomfort. We have to limit her play time because I have seen her play until she can barely stand. She is too tuff and hard headed for her own good.

She has been checked for TBD, the last blood test we ran checked for anything they could think of. Sometimes I wonder if she is just plain crazy. I'll think maybe she bunny hops and gets snarly because she has a few screws loose. She probably is a little bit off, but the logical part will not let me dismiss her actions. There has to be a physical reason behind the physical symptoms she exhibits.

Chris once worked at a home for teenage girls with mental issues. Ceana reminds him of those girls when she hurts. The girls would ask to be left alone if they were in "bad space."

My baby girl in "bad space." Now I just need to learn how to get her out....

DSC02481.jpg

She has been checked for TBD, the last blood test we ran checked for anything they could think of.

The problem with simply relying on the tests is that they can often show false negative results. A negative test result for TBD is by no means proof that a dog doesn't have a TBD. Doxycycline is pretty cheap, and it wouldn't be a lot of effort to put her on a course of the medication. If she shows a dramatic improvement while on doxy, then one can assume that she was indeed infected with a TBD and continue with the full standard course of treatment. If she shows no dramatic improvement, then TBD isn't likely the problem and the doxy can be stopped.

J.

Guest blastoff
The problem with simply relying on the tests is that they can often show false negative results. A negative test result for TBD is by no means proof that a dog doesn't have a TBD. Doxycycline is pretty cheap, and it wouldn't be a lot of effort to put her on a course of the medication. If she shows a dramatic improvement while on doxy, then one can assume that she was indeed infected with a TBD and continue with the full standard course of treatment. If she shows no dramatic improvement, then TBD isn't likely the problem and the doxy can be stopped.

That is what I was getting at with my last post. I hope it is this simple for you!

As soon as I saw that you were going to CO, I immediately thought of CSU. They literally saved Riddle's life and the lives of her unborn pups two years ago. Long story, but they were absolutely fantastic, AND not nearly as pricey as our local ERs (of course, this IS SoCal!)

A

ETA: I agree about the TBDs, too

IME, it's very difficult to get vets here on the west coast to take TBDs seriously as they are not common here.

That said, they aren't common here, so the vets probably have a valid reason for feeling that way.