BC Boards

NC BC Picnic

Sally, good luck with the law firm! I am starting an internship the 15th of June. Apparently last year they didn't think they had enough stuff scheduled on the weekends and they want us all to bond, so we're stuck with a crappy "social event" to attend that day. I'm already going to have to figure out how to get out of it for that day anyway because I have other plans that I don't want to change.

Becca, if you were closer, I would help you shear. I have a nice pair of electric shears.

Emily

Sally, good luck with the law firm! I am starting an internship the 15th of June. Apparently last year they didn't think they had enough stuff scheduled on the weekends and they want us all to bond, so we're stuck with a crappy "social event" to attend that day. I'm already going to have to figure out how to get out of it for that day anyway because I have other plans that I don't want to change.

Becca, if you were closer, I would help you shear. I have a nice pair of electric shears.

Emily

Thanks. :D And congrats on getting an internship - after my first year of law school, nobody would hire me. :rolleyes: I wound up volunteering at a center that did horseback riding for physically and emotionally challenged kids - which was loads more fun but no money. :D I never worked at a firm big enough to have those social bonding kind of events, but some of my classmates did. They all had a great time - hope you will, too. :D

Thanks. :D And congrats on getting an internship - after my first year of law school, nobody would hire me. :rolleyes: I wound up volunteering at a center that did horseback riding for physically and emotionally challenged kids - which was loads more fun but no money. :D I never worked at a firm big enough to have those social bonding kind of events, but some of my classmates did. They all had a great time - hope you will, too. :D

Mine is unpaid, too. It's more of a leadership internship than a legal one, but by the end of April, I still didn't have anything lined up, so I took it. We work with a non-profit and help them address an issue. I'm a little worried that it will take up all of my time, but it's only 6 weeks and I will probably survive. I still have to figure out when we're going to take herding lessons. Probably on Sunday mornings instead of going to the "optional church service".

Emily

• 4 weeks later...

There's another thread somewhere - I'm still shearing and getting ready for PJ's b-day bash on Saturday, but I'll try to keep track of what's going on here.