BC Boards

The foster dogs do something different. Different in that my two dogs don't do this. The foster dogs take DUST BATHS. Needless to say it brings dust into the house for me to dust off of things. Anybody else got Dusty Dogs?

Robin

Uh huh!! Raising hand! I got one. We call her Pig Pen after the Charlie Brown character, because when she walks around, or shakes, she is followed by a cloud of dust. Keeping her crate free of sand and dirt, is just soooo much fun daily. Never fails, as much as she can, she will roll in the dirt like a sweaty horse after ya take the saddle off. But even so, its not so much the rolling in the dirt that bothers me, in as much as its all the other stuff lovely yucky, smelly stuff she finds to roll in. :rolleyes:

I've heard that horses, birds and dogs do this to keep the bugs off. Don't know if it's true or not.

Mick does it after he swims, I always figured he was drying himself off or scratching. He loves to come in the house and rub along the side of the furniture. The other day I saw him trying to rub against a 4X4. He kept going in circles, then stumbled around like he was dizzy!

He loves to come in the house and rub along the side of the furniture.

Ha! Jinx loves to do that too. He'll rub against the couch, mashing it against the wall and then move onto the huge chair next to it and push it all over. It looks like an earthquake rearranged the furniture.

I think horses just like the feel of the ground scritching their back :rolleyes:

No, horses just want to tick you off, haha. At least I'm pretty sure that's what my Tessa does. I swear she aims to annoy me.

Snarky mares.

On topic: Petey hates the dust, because dust and dirt means bath time, and there is nothing my dog hates more than a bath!

My toy poodle loves dust and leaf rolling AND if you add in something dead and smelly - he is in heaven. Of course he also knows he gets a bath for it which he loves. Go figure.

My other 3 dogs prefer to roll in dead smelly things opposed to dust and leaves.

Haha! I initially thought it was all about the shedding but there's hardly any left to shed, they should by all rights be bald by now. They still roll in the dust. I think I will borrow Pig Pen for his nickname.

Robin

My two will "swim" on their sides to clean their muzzles after they have

eaten. If I wait 15 minutes after they have eaten they won't do it.

Of course Kelly HAS to splash in every puddle she sees. I hate letting

her out after a rain. Dogs just like dirt I guess.