BC Boards

Does Your Dog Watch TV?

Nope, Mine hates it :rolleyes: He think there is an evil dog in there somewhere!

LOL...Koda used to huff at it when he first noticed it but now he just sits there and looks...and looks...AND looks. I think me sitting there with him and petting him let him figure it out. I assume that seeing me in the mirror along side of him was the key.

Ryan

Probably, Koda seeing two of you, what fun!!! Misty's been in front of the mirror, but she doesn't seem to notice anything, whether it be herself or us. Although sometimes in the livingroom I have a curio w/ a mirror in the background and she'll stop...look, and then continue what she's doing. So, I guess she figures, aw heck it's just another dog. I want HUMANS!! LOL She's definitely a people dog!

Solo is the only dog I've ever known who seems to understand something about mirrors.

The first time he saw the two of us reflected in a mirror, it didn't register that he was looking at himself (if it had, he belongs on the cover of Nature or Science) but he did look at me, and then look at me in the mirror, and then look at me again with an expression that said, "How can you be there, and there, at the same time?" It doesn't occur to most dogs that something's weird about mirrors, but Solo caught on right away.

He also uses mirrors to find me -- he seems to understand that the me in the mirror is not me, and also to understand the rudiments of "the angle of incidence = the angle of reflection" to understand where I am actually located. He probably learned this based on a somewhat static context (the mirror on my old bathroom door) but he seems to have generalized it to other mirrors that reflect me at different angles.

Jett thinks the black puppy in the mirror is another puppy, but she's only seven months old so she may yet grow a brain. Fly doesn't notice mirrors.