Jump to content
BC Boards

Bo raised his paw for raw!


Recommended Posts



since Bo raised his paw for raw I threw the kibble away and get a bunch of rmb, meat, organs and fruits/veggies, too! It's raw-day no. 5 and he's going very well.


That's what I have 'till now:


Rmb: Lamb rips and backbone, calf knuckle bones and breast bones, lamb legs (with coat and hoofs!)


Meat: Beef flesh


Organs: Green tripe, liver, kidney, heart, larynx


Fish: Salmon


Fruits and veggies: Mostly a bunch of berries (Bo LOVES berries!), such as strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, rasberrys, currants. But also bananas, apples, pinnapples, carrot and gherkin.


He also gets some of my leftovers.


I feed the rmb, meat and organs in large pieces. It seems to be a real pleasure to Bo to tear and drag and chewing, chewing, chewing!


Any suggestions what I can (or should) add? I could get so much more rmb, flesh and organs. Almost everything. I only can't feed him pork 'cause in here in Germany we have the risk for pseudorabies.


Yummy, yummy!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool picture!


I started Lewie on raw about 3 weeks ago and he loves it. Our main staple is chicken. Love the sound of him cruching up his meal.


I'm slowly introducing more variety into his diet: organ meat, salmon, veggies, although he's not keen on broccoli. :D


I think it was the right decision for him. Now I just use the kibble as treats. I wonder how long that new 40# bag will last? :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi ... I switched to RAW feeding 6 years ago. My dogs thrive on it. I've paid for complete bloodwork and they came back better than perfect. Energy levels are excellent and we've had absolutely no problems ( ears, eyes, joints, or anything ) in the 6 years. My dogs have been on a Prey Diet ( big pieces of meat and bone ) for 3 years now. Just make sure you give them organs ( about 5% of total food ) ... which to me is only 2 or 3 times per week.


Dave Strickland


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, Bo is still fine on his new diet! Digestion problems are completly gone! I follow pretty much tom lonsdale's recommendation of 70% raw meaty bones and the rest 30% flesh, organs and fruits/veggies. By the way - do I really have to make a mush of the fruits/veggies? Because Bo don't really likes it as mush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...