BC Boards

Koda Is Getting STRONG!

Im not a fan of playing tug with my dogs and never have allowed it in the past - most of my dogs have never even considered it anyway. But Koda has INSISTED that this game be allowed. We have worked very heavily on the "drop" command so it has not become an issue with disc play. If I let go and say, "drop" its on the floor and he backs off. So, Im not too concerned with it so long as he knows the rules.

Well, tonight as Im sitting here in my computer chair and surfing, I was holding his tug rope and he was darn near yanking my arm off. He litterally started rolling the chair across the carpet so I couldnt even reach the computer! Well, this carried on like the constant tennis ball in your lap and he kept yanking harder and harder as Im laughing that hes pulling me away from my computer.

Next thing I know, my arm goes back toward the rear of the chair and Im suddenly looking at the ceiling with a dog licking my face! Koda performed some sort of doggyjutsu technique and pulled me over backward. Well, after laughing and getting situated of course the rope is back in my lap. Well, dummy me holds on, my arm goes back behind me and Im again on my back staring at the ceiling with a doggy licking my face. *Sigh* I think Im going to look for a bigger chair tomorrow... :D I think since he figured out how to do it he thinks its funny :rolleyes:

Here are a few updated pics of him - everyone loves puppy pictures :D . He is 6 1/2 months old now.

067.jpg

070.jpg

064.jpg

Awww....he is so cute. Look at those eyes. He's sorry...right? :rolleyes:

Must be the season for this kind of behaviour or something. The last 2 days I've found myself laying flat on my back staring at the sky. When out walking through the fields to do the chores the dogs were running around and wrestling as usual when suddenly Wham! Storm took the legs right out from under me. Apparently doing it once wasn't enough because next day the same thing happened. Today he brushed by me, but I said "uh,uh, you got me twice, not getting me a third time". I too was thinking that maybe it's turning into a bit of a game, not simple carelessness on his part. Today we've had rain, wet snow and it's just icky out. Fields are all mud. No way did I want to end up on my back today.

Awww....he is so cute. Look at those eyes. He's sorry...right? :D

Thanks for the compliments. He has his intense eyes on a few of those as a ball or frisbee is the only way to get him still enough for photos most of the time. When he is just being the happy boy that he is he just has this wonderful light in his eyes.

Sounds like you were getting the full body check! I have been slammed in the legs before and it will definately take you off of your feet! I havent been knocked down by my two pups yet but Im sure it will happen sooner or later. Last time it was by my late Skyler when he was wrestling with Jackie. My tailbone hurt for a week.

Here is a pic of Koda and how he looks most of the time. But as you can see he is still young and a bit wiggly :rolleyes: Doesnt make for the clearest of photos:

003-1.jpg

005.jpg

KodaZak4-5-08028-1-2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Welcome to the world of Border Collies :D

He is very adorable and reminds me of Quinn without freckles, right down to the pleased with himself smirk. :rolleyes: In addition to it being fun to pull you around and over, Koda probably loved that you found it so funny. I know a sure way to get my comedian to repeat some behavior is to laugh at his antics.

What a cutie! :D

Thanks! The older he gets the sweeter he gets too - he is becoming the TOTAL love bug....unless you have a ball or frisbee in hand. In that case he wants nothing to do with attention; its just THROW IT!!! But aside from those times he wants nothing more than to be in my lap or at least laying at my feet. He is really reminding me of my late Skyler (my heart dog) so much its scary - looks so much like him and acts so much like him. It may be weird but I keep calling him Skyler (13 years of habit?) or more likely the subconcious connection - but I dont do it to Zak? Then again, I keep getting this weird feeling deep in my gut when he looks at me in that nonverbal way. I could swear its like Skyler is in there looking back at me. Im probably crazy - rather likely that Im crazy :rolleyes: But I would have to say that if there was such a thing as reincarnation I know that dog would come back to me. Ive never loved anything more profoundly in my life than that dog...and the feeling was mutual. Somehow Koda is stealing my heart too in a deeper way than any other dog I have had save Skyler....and its only been 6 months. Its just weird because I see him in there but havent accepted it yet. Okay, are you all thinking Im nuts yet? Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I just miss him that much...the sight of one of his photos makes me cry every time.

:D

Welcome to the world of Border Collies :D

Thanks! He is not my first though as Ive had them most of my life. But its always a new adventure with a pup. :D Im so breed snobbish its not even funny - and Im okay with that. Dont get me wrong as I love all sorts of dogs but I couldnt imagine wanting anything else. They truly are uncomparable to any other breed if you get a high drive line like Koda.

He is very adorable and reminds me of Quinn without freckles, right down to the pleased with himself smirk. :D In addition to it being fun to pull you around and over, Koda probably loved that you found it so funny. I know a sure way to get my comedian to repeat some behavior is to laugh at his antics.

Now that wouldnt surprise me a bit and I never thought of it that way :rolleyes: Learn something new everyday. He sure does put on that smile when I laugh....youre probablry right....LOL

It's ok. I am very breed snobbish also :rolleyes: No other breed will do for me. Although I would take any dog that really needed me.