BC Boards

agility vid- get the tissues

Especially sad for me since I lost a friend this week and her 2 dogs now are without a mother. Yes, I'm crying also. Quite touching. I didn't know that chinese crested dogs could do that well in speed. Must have been quite a challenge to train and also a challenge for life.

Yep, that was sent to me tonight by one of my agility instructors. It was especially poignant since one of my other agility instructors was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. I have two other women in my agility classes (I go to two different ones) that are recent breast cancer survivors. The scary thing is, none of them are more than a few years older than me. I'm only 40.

I am apart of the Texas Agility group on yahoo where I saw the e-mail and post. I have never met Lis as I am down south in Houston and they are in the Dallas area, but I felt touched by her courage and strength. I am continuing to pray for her daily. I am so glad to see that she accomplished in getting her ADCH.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten a few emails stating that Lis' passed away last night surrounded by her family, her friends and her dogs.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who knew her.

Katrena

My condolences to her family and friends. Lis was well known for a long time in agility, and for her to be able to achieve her adch, with a super q in snooker, surely proved that not only was she living for everything she had, with her beautiful CC's, but in doing so, she showed the rest of us what the bond that we form will live on.

Very sad day indeed. RIP Lis. You have left your mark.

It's almost impossible for me to wrap my brain around the tragic passing of such a young and obviously loved woman. I hope her friends, family, and pets can find peace and hold tight to their memories.