BC Boards

Agility Venues

Lucia was training on AKC courses when we first started. Where I lived in WY, NADAC was all that was available so we entered that. AKC runs are very choppy with short, tight turns. NADAC courses are wide open, flowing and fast. It was a bit of an adjustment, but it's made Lucia VERY fast and she's learning to lengthen herself. I really like it too :D We won't go back to AKC stuff until we've perfected NADAC (which could be awhile :rolleyes: ) or similar venues like USDAA or CPE.

Good luck!

We compete in both AKC, there are 3 local trials a year so that's hard to turn down, but mostly USDAA. I prefer USDAA because of the number of runs you get each day. With AKC you only get two runs a day so you spend a lot of time sitting around waiting. In USDAA I can get 6 in a day. Much more fun and much less pressure when you know you have 4 more runs that day. The courses in USDAA are also more flowing and fast for a border collie. I've had to pull my fast, big striding dog from an AKC excellent course because it was so tight, stop and go that I felt it was unsafe for him.

Olivia

USDAA only right now - I can't ILP either girl so AKC is out (plus the whole issue of supporting the org, too), and there's no CPE, NADAC, or UKC to speak of around here.

USDAA is #1 in my book, love it, love it, love it! I have dabbled in NADAC and out of despiration for a agility fix have done AKC. Looking at going back to NADAC occasionally

We're only 4th? Man! And we give you all those nice ribbons and everything. Phllbbbt!

See you in June?

Sorry, exchange rate & weak USD made ya drop two. :rolleyes:

Yep, just made hotel reservations! You can see the maniac miss rave run. Cya then!

Wow, lots of positive reviews on USDAA. I'll be honest, I don't know much about USDAA.

I will be registering my dog with AKC and NADAC. I want to do em all.. that's how addicted I am. Now I'm going to look into USDAA. Thanks for all the responses!

USDAA is the primary for us.

We also have done NADAC and ASCA - mostly because it's local, and they allow training in the ring.

AKC gives the least number of classes in a day, and in my opinion from dogless watching recently, and competing years ago with a non-BC, the most negative atmosphere. Of course there are always some nice people if you are open to it, but overall...negative was the name of the game.

We migth go back to AKC one day, but I really have to think about whether I want to support that org. If they allow mixed breeds in I might....

With my Sheltie, we are mainly all about AKC. I have many reasons why I will not do USDAA with him. Mainly because hes a fast dog with a lot of potential to go as far as I want him to. In the Championship division, he would be required to jump 20" because he is 17" tall. I feel that that is asking too much for a Sheltie with straight shoulders. So with Yoshi the Sheltie we are doing AKC, CPE, and some possible ASCA. With Yoshi, the goal is a MACH and to get to nationals.

With Foxy my BC though, we will be mainly doing AKC and USDAA and some CPE on the side. I think she will really get into the USDAA stuff and I am glad that I will have a dog that will be competitive in that venue. Foxy our goal is a ADCH and a MACH and nationals (of course depending on how she takes to the sport..but well its almost a given she will love it just how she is!)

As for NADAC, it really hasnt ever appealed to me, too many rule changes, and I am not a big fan of the "NADAC"ish straight lines of jumps. That and I would have to travel 2-3 hrs for the closest ones.

Actually, he would be required to run 22" in champ usdaa.

With my Sheltie, we are mainly all about AKC. I have many reasons why I will not do USDAA with him. Mainly because hes a fast dog with a lot of potential to go as far as I want him to. In the Championship division, he would be required to jump 20" because he is 17" tall. I feel that that is asking too much for a Sheltie with straight shoulders. So with Yoshi the Sheltie we are doing AKC, CPE, and some possible ASCA. With Yoshi, the goal is a MACH and to get to nationals.

With Foxy my BC though, we will be mainly doing AKC and USDAA and some CPE on the side. I think she will really get into the USDAA stuff and I am glad that I will have a dog that will be competitive in that venue. Foxy our goal is a ADCH and a MACH and nationals (of course depending on how she takes to the sport..but well its almost a given she will love it just how she is!)

As for NADAC, it really hasnt ever appealed to me, too many rule changes, and I am not a big fan of the "NADAC"ish straight lines of jumps. That and I would have to travel 2-3 hrs for the closest ones.

I do NADAC with my mutt, and I really love it, the people are extremely nice. I may try USDAA in the future, not sure though, a lot of people tell me they are really strict and not a friendly Org. I train on my own, so there would probably be many mistakes lol. Not sure how welcomed I would be :rolleyes:.

With Rush I think I will stick with NADAC and USDAA as well. I am still thinking on AKC, there are a lot of trials in my area, but two runs a dayy. I would die with all that time on my hands :x lol.

We run AAC - Canadian mixed breed dogs so we're not welcome in the CKC, no ASCA or CPE around here, and NADAC requires travel.

We're only 4th? Man! And we give you all those nice ribbons and everything. Phllbbbt!

See you in June?

If all we are is fourth she can skip Regionals! :rolleyes: I'm sure that USDAA or USDAA will have a trial that weekend. You're just biased because of the Wicked connection!

But you're FIRST on the weekends we cross the border!! :rolleyes:

They've really cut the number of USDAA trials around here, so we're even looking at maybe trying out CPE, but don't worry, that'll be well below AAC!

p.s.. AAC would be higher if Nationals weren't so darn far away this year! booo!!!

We run AAC!! Maybe I'll run CKC with my sheltie, but no rush.

I'm lucky, this year's AAC Nationals are not that far for me! :rolleyes:

I'll be running CPE and USDAA primarily with Quynn; my IG is actively competing under CPE and she's registered with NADAC, but there are fewer and fewer NADAC trials in the New England area. I'm interested in ASCA.

p.s.. AAC would be higher if Nationals weren't so darn far away this year! booo!!!

Booo for us too. This will likely be Chester's last year for Regionals/Nationals - seven and a half isn't that old if you're a border collie but it's pretty ancient if you're a great dane. Nats should be back towards the center/west of Canada next year...anywhere will be closer than NS!