BC Boards

What is your Border Collie's job?

From my dogs' perspectives:

Zoe (border collie) - work sheep, protect my people from wayward livestock, keep poultry out of the road, keep other dogs in line, kill rodents, greet lamb customers

Gren (border collie) - work sheep, entertain lamb customers' children and anyone else who foolishly shows any interest (by endlessly playing fetch)

Yeats (border collie) - kill rodents, bark when there are deer in the field, check on the next-door neighbors

PeeWee (border collie) - be cute, keep my people laughing

Potter (beagle-basset) - "Do I have a job?" Hunt mice in house with cats (he will actually "open" on a mouse)

Sputnik (border collie puppy) - poop and pee outside, go into my crate, sit and lie down, wiggle adorably and give kisses

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dogs main role in life is working and/or trialing. All the dogs have to work on the farm. Quite a few of them are housedogs (females)

Retired Dogs -

Shiro and Scotty.....loungers at large...sometime lessons or chore dog but life of ease

Working/trial dogs -

Tess (soon to be retired), Nan, Jackie, Imp Peg, Ray, (Roo and Lucy are offsite)

Dogs/Pups in training for trials or sale -

Sleat

Jade

Imp Coll

Imp Sava

Anson

Rainey

Kael

Imp Kuro

Diane

Quynn has many jobs, varying from "real" work(working the sheep, goats, and chickens/ducks) to the more playful jobs (agility, disc, swimming/retrieving), to being a constant companion, my best friend and personal advisor, and the world's greatest "pet"(that in itself entailing a great many jobs :rolleyes: ).

Kaylee's default job is to herd lights and shadows: you never know when one of them might get loose in the house. She is the alert system, as well as the hiking companion, ball fiend and supertugger. She helps in the garden, is an excellent digger, learning to be respectful of planted garden beds. She can also catch flies.

Popcorn- Furry door guard, soccer teammate, exercise coach, bed warmer, confident.

My furry support system for Severe Depressive Disorder, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and Mono, COPD, and neurological problems..among so many other health problems.

Pepper- Daddy's little girl, door guard, playmate, cuddler. His buddy when he is recuping from dialysis. His road trip partner when he goes to the store.

Skipper 5 yr old BC:

- alarm clock ( 7AM on the nose, she sticks hers in my face and does her little growly song)

- couch indenter

- floor dirtier

- guardian of all 20 sq ft of grass in the backyard

- lawn mower (i swear she eats as much grass as a horse)

- bed warmer

- best friend

I wuv my doggie :rolleyes: