BC Boards

Naughty Dog!

My friend has a herding dog mix... maybe some BC, maybe some ACD. She walks the dog in a large park that abuts private land. There are big "Private Property Keep Out" signs where the trails leave public land and enter the property of the private owner.

Today, my friend's dog took off into the woods, past the warning signs into the private section... and came back some minutes later with a fresh, whole SANDWICH in her mouth.

My friend said she briskly walked out of the park.

Naughty stories, anyone?

Mary

My bro-in-law once made the mistake of leaving Lu alone, loose in their old apartment. Lu has (had?) some wierd seperation anxiety issues, but has always been fine alone in a crate (I say had? because I'm too afraid to test it!). She opened their pantry and cleaned out the bottom shelf... She didn't eat a thing. Instead, she hid bags of granola, nuts, chocolate, etc all over the place. In the wood pile (wood heat), under desks, behind furniture. Sis months later, they were still finding things.

Lu has done things like that a couple times. Not so much naughty, but a wacky story. I have no idea what she is- maybe she's part squirrel? :rolleyes:

Today, my friend's dog took off into the woods, past the warning signs into the private section... and came back some minutes later with a fresh, whole SANDWICH in her mouth.

My friend said she briskly walked out of the park.

ROFL :rolleyes:

That is really quite funny! What do you do? You can't bring the sandwich back can you?!

Daisy has been known to be quite a trickster. She watches the front patio window for intruders all the time. Sometimes she barks, sometimes she paces and whines and snorts when other dogs walk past the yard (we are working on it..). But I guess on a couple of occasions after I had gone to work and the BF was settling down for some breakfast and sports net, she would go up to the window and get super worried and pace and bark and as he got up to see what was wrong she would turn a round and b-line for his food. Several times getting a good chunk of his subway sandwich in the process! He will finally admit that our dog is smarter than him!n

A couple of years ago, we were taking a hike with Sammie, Speedy, and Maddie. At this place, we hike past a small lake and then there are trails in the woods that we take. On the way to the trails, we stopped to let the dogs have a dip in the lake and Speedy found a mud hole and had a fine time covering himself with mud. After he had his fun in the mud, he rinsed off in the lake water and we went on.

On the way back, the dogs were trotting along, and I realized that we were getting near the mud hole again. I figured I would leash Speedy up since I knew that mud hole would just be way too much of a "near occasion of sin" for him.

I called him and he turned to me with fun in his eyes. Then he ran ahead, jumped in the mud, and then immediately came back to me most obediently!! Scamp!! :rolleyes:

Belle gets bored when home alone. We tried a couple afternoons with her out of her kennel she did great. And then there was this......

IMG_0453.jpg

it used to be a wicker trash can.

We started having her spend her afternoons back in the kennel. A while later, we dog sat for my sister's little basset-mix for a week, he and Belle love to play and the two of them stayed out of the kennels the whole time he was with us. They were awesome, not one thing out of place and no accidents.

Well when we got Jake, we thought that it was the key, two dogs....no boredom......house not destroyed. We fostered Jake for two weeks before adopting him. He and Belle had free roam of the house and no issues, it was great. And then.......the day I left work early to go sign the adoption papers and take Jake to visit. I find this..

IMG_0698.jpg

This was not a one dog effort. That couch was pulled more than 5 feet from the wall. We have since replaced the couch and a recliner that was injured in the assault. And everything is well in our home.

Naughty or not, I LOVE my dogs!!

Minnie loves to come with me to the feed store, but she's become something of a pain, sniffing at everything and trying to pilfer stuff from the rawhide treat bins as we walk past. Now that she's an old gal, she needs a boost getting into the cab of my pick-up. One day last spring I took her along when I went to the feed store to get hay, but left her in the cab with the window open about one third of the way. I went inside to pay and when I came back out to the truck to pull in front of the hay barn there was no Minnie! I was convinced that she must have been stolen since I couldn't imagine she would have managed to scramble up and jump from the full height of the partially open window.

The parking lot is always busy and I ran around in a blind panic, calling her name and frantically asking everyone I saw if they'd seen a little white and black spotted dog. There was product rep standing at a table passing out free samples of dog food. He heard me and told me he saw her go into the store. He'd assumed she belonged to the man who had walked in with her at the same time.

I ran into the store and there she was... in the dog biscuit aisle, parked next to the bulk biscuit bin on the bottom rack, helping herself. :rolleyes:

LOL these are too good!

The best I have was when we first got Poke. Poke and Ceana both thought they were boss at first so leaving them alone for even a minute without some sort of squabble was amazing. I stepped out of the restroom to unusual quiet and calm and saw Ceana's seated furry little black tush doing the happy dance. I followed her S*%$ eating grin upwards until I see Poke on top of the kitchen counter. One by one he was dropping down toys that we had placed "out of reach," to prevent fights. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even correct him in a serious tone. Poor dog didn't know it was "naughty" until I told him the second time he jumped on the counter.

Ceana, who is not a begger, was one evening sitting at out feet chewing on a bone while we were eating pizza. Chris reached for the remote and in that split second she was up and turned and grabbed the pizza right off his plate. I fell off the couch laughing while Chris had to chase after her for his Pizza!

I love the mental image of Minnie sitting by the bulk bin having a little feast!

Ours are both VERY good about not taking food off the coffee table, which always amazes guests, and also makes us lax about putting temptation right there at eye level. Once we were going to eat and watch movie, so I started taking stuff in and putting it on the coffee table and going back to the kitchen for more dishes, napkins, whatnot. One of the things I had put on the coffee table were little glass dishes of garlic/mayo dipping sauce for the artichokes. When I made the last trip back in with dinner, everything was still exactly in it's place, nothing disturbed at all, but the dipping sauce dishes were licked clean. The little dishes were still up-right and exactly where I'd left them. The only thing that told us who it was? Ling's beautiful garlic breath!

My husband is a big meat and potatoes kind of guy.....well more meat than anything. I had gone to a cookout and left him behind because he had to work late, but I brought him home the most juicy, delightful piece of steak he could ever have imagined. I fixed his plate for him, sat it on the table....he turned around to the counter to grab his drink and in the blink of an eye his steak was GONE!!!!

I seen Navi take off around the sofa and I started chasing him. We made a half trip around the sofa when I caught him and the thing was GONE again!!!! (In a matter of about 15 seconds) One gulp and my dog swallowed a whole 16 ounce steak w/o even so much as chewing. Oooooh my husband was so mad he could have chewed nails. Funny thing was, after all of that sneaking and grabbing the steak, Navi didn't even get to savor the flavor. I don't think he even so much as tasted it going down. :rolleyes:

My former roommate takes a bajillion meds. She was sitting on the couch and had a stack of pills on the coffee table and was down to the last two and here comes LT for "lovin" and she slyly tilts her head to the side and sticks out her tongue to nab the last two, which happened to be anti-depressants. We had a good laugh about LT's mental state and why she felt the need to self-medicate.

ETA: My last malamute, Yukon, once totally and perfectly unwrapped a bean burrito and ate it in about 10 minutes. My bf came and was like "Did you eat my burrito?" and I hadn't and the only other culprit was the dog. He didn't shred the wrapper, or eat the wrapper but delicately unwrapped it. I loved that dog.

Well, I wasnt going to post this but what the heck - its a bit embarassing!

There I was sitting on the throne which is in kind of a cubby area to block it from view. I was ready to grab the TP when around the corner came Koda. I said, "Hi there little buddy!" But in a streak of black and white nabbing the TP and blazing off with nails skipping and sliding on the lenoleum he had left me there in shock. He ran out of the bathroom, through the bedroom and down the hall. Yes, my little 4 month old pup (at that time) had thought it was funny to steal the TP and have me chase him with my pants around my ankles!

When I caught up to him in the loft, there he was with his butt in the air, tail wagging and the TP roll in his mouth ready to play. I could have killed him! I just said NO and told him to drop it which he did - thank God for early frisbee training! I just grabbed the TP, shuffled back to the restroom mumbling curse words or something and vowed never to leave the TP just sitting on top of the holder again.

So yes, that cute little, adorable and sweet as can be face in my avatar is an evil TP stealer!

My last malamute, Yukon, once totally and perfectly unwrapped a bean burrito and ate it in about 10 minutes. My bf came and was like "Did you eat my burrito?" and I hadn't and the only other culprit was the dog. He didn't shred the wrapper, or eat the wrapper but delicately unwrapped it.

One thing that I have to get used to, having a hatchback, is that I can't stow treats in the trunk anymore when I crate my dogs out of the car at trials.

At a trial last year, I was being very careful to place my sack of food rewards on top of the car when I left Maddie in it, but one time I forgot. I came back from leash running to find that she had gotten out two packages of string cheese and she had carefully unwrapped them and eaten just the cheese! It looked like a human had slid the plastic wrapping open!