BC Boards

So nervous!

So my almost 1 year old boy is going in to be neutered tomorrow and I am scared out of my mind. I know he's going to be in the best care but I can't help and worry my self to death. He got all of his bloodwork done and the doctor said he's a-ok. But I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow until I get the phone call telling me he's all done and ok. Any advice to help calm me?

The process is so routine that you need not be concerned; the risks are so low as to be insignificant. You should, rather, be preparing for proper care upon his return; you might find the following site of some interest: Care After Neutering

Chivas Regal makes a very nice 18-year-old Scotch that should help to calm your nerves (unless, of course, you are fortunate enough to have access to some Saint Magdalene 30-year-old single malt)... :rolleyes:

I'm sure your boy will be fine. But I completely understand your worry. I was on pins & needles until the vet called me. Apparently my guy is a big baby and wanted his mama because he wouldn't hush so I had to bring him home @ noon vs 5pm. :rolleyes: He promptly went in his crate and took a nice long nap. :D

Your pup will be just fine! Lewie came through his surgery with flying colors and so will your boy. It's such a routine procedure that your vet can probably perform it with his/her eyes closed.

Take a deep breath, relax. Everything will be just F.I.N.E.!

I burst into tears in the vet's parking lot after I dropped Samantha off for her spay. And every time since then, when one of them has to be left behind at the vet's office, I am beside myself the whole day.

My best advice is to keep busy, keep your mind distracted with other things. The day will zip by before you know it.

Ruth n the BC3

I'm sure everything will be just fine. Most vets do these surgery's every day. A neuter is a lot less stressfull on the dog then a spay. But both are very safe.

Crack open the freezer and make yourself a nice big bowl of ice cream. With lots of chocolate sauce!! :rolleyes: and watch a movie. Before you know it they'll be calling you to pick him up.

I sympathize. I was a wreck when my two youngest were altered recently. And I'd never even laid eyes on Scot at the time - he was a shelter pull from South Georgia. :rolleyes:

Poor Scot had a difficult time coming out from under the anesthetic - but do not worry this won't happen to you. The vet who anesthetized Scot was told he was a BC. As it turns out, Scot's actually either some species of LGD or a landseer mix. All these breeds have reeeallly low metabolisms. So it doesn't take much to knock them out.

Faith zipped right through her spay surgery. She felt pretty sorry for herself that afternoon, but I gave her Rimadyl for the pain for a couple of days and after that the only problem was keeping her quiet till her stitches came out. :D

Thanks for the promising thoughts! I dropped him off about 2 hours ago, so now I'm just playing the waiting game for that phone to ring and they tell me he's ok! Haven't been able to eat all day, stomach's in knots..but I'm glad to know that everyone is anxious when their pup goes in to get fixed.