BC Boards

Lost/missing Border Collie in Texas

Can you generate some interest about the dog on the local media? Red looks like a real character and would probably come off as a real *human interest* story on the news shows. I don't mean to be crass about it but this is one of the best ways to get people's attention. Even getting it posted on the radio might do so good. Whenever there is a story in the local paper around here about a dog needing $ for an operation, assistance comes pouring in!

What about the storms I see in the news hitting Texas? Are they happening in your area? Maybe the dog is hiding out...

We're up here praying for him too.

Ailsa

Actually I'm in the media, radio, and I've mentioned it on the air here...but thats a good idea about Red as a human interest story. Maybe I'll look into contacting the local Television affliliate...I know they bought an add in the local paper, but a story with a pic would be way more visible.

Yes, we've had storms going through area for the last week or so, so he could be hiding out some where.

Betty, I also cross posted him on one of the rescue lists I am on here in Houston. So far no luck. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much, really appreciate it! As we appreciate all of you crossposting this to other boards/sites. We have a most disagreeable member of our group, who basically looks down on posting this to what he calls "my email coffee Klatch" ;-( It is truly amazing how ugly some people can be...but I think these boards, and getting the info out there can offer a great deal of help, and the more we get the word out, the better chance we have of finding Luke. Thanks again to all of you,

Betty

I was just thinking about them today. Any news? Paws crossed

• 2 weeks later...