BC Boards

Dog Think He's Smaller Than He Is?

Does your doG think think he is smaller than he actually is? Well, Zak has been this way since I got him including thinking he's a lap doG. Course, havent been able to get pics of that since I can't budge off of the couch when he decides dad's lap is the place to be. :rolleyes: He has also fit into a crate that I can't even imagine my pup fitting into and somehow managed to turn himself around easily and come back out with his head first. Here is a pic of him in the bed for the Chihuahuas that I took tonight while cleaning. When he gets out of it you'd swear the doG was a contortionist as he looks HUGE (well, he is huge for a BC) next to the bed. Looks like a trip to the pet store is in order as I think he might like one of these beds in his own size.

3003-1.jpg

They're pretty flexible. I'm amazed that considering how solid and hefty Lewie is, at least 50 pounds... haven't weighed him since Jan when he was neutered, he can still easily hop into and turn around in the soft crate in the back seat of the Jetta. After a wild day at day-care he comes home all tuckered out and curls up into a little ball and zonks out.

When he stands on me I think he must weight at least 100 pounds! Dude, get off! That hurts!

LOL!

That is funny! I used to have a yellow lab that would sleep in my mom's jrt's bed (about the same size as that one, I imagine). I would wake up in the morning and see this huge dog curled up all tiny in a ball and if you looked real close you could see the jrt all curled up and snug to the lab! Rediculous!

Ready for this?

This dog (49 pounds):

ClendBenFront.jpg

Voluntarily squeezed himself in this crate - and turned around:

RandomCrate.jpg

I have witnesses. He was supposed to go in the med-small crate next to the one he's in, which would have been impressive enough! :rolleyes:

Does your doG think think he is smaller than he actually is? Well, Zak has been this way since I got him including thinking he's a lap doG. Course, havent been able to get pics of that since I can't budge off of the couch when he decides dad's lap is the place to be. :rolleyes: He has also fit into a crate that I can't even imagine my pup fitting into and somehow managed to turn himself around easily and come back out with his head first. Here is a pic of him in the bed for the Chihuahuas that I took tonight while cleaning. When he gets out of it you'd swear the doG was a contortionist as he looks HUGE (well, he is huge for a BC) next to the bed. Looks like a trip to the pet store is in order as I think he might like one of these beds in his own size.

3003-1.jpg

Skyler that is a cool dog.

Ready for this?

This dog (49 pounds):

ClendBenFront.jpg

Voluntarily squeezed himself in this crate - and turned around:

RandomCrate.jpg

I have witnesses. He was supposed to go in the med-small crate next to the one he's in, which would have been impressive enough! :rolleyes:

That's funny, they are agile.

Skyler that is a cool dog.

Thanks. He's definately my pretty boy with those eyes.

ZakYouTube.jpg

Zak018.jpg

And thats about the size of a crate Zak fit into and turned around in. He weighs less but I think hes a bit taller than your boy there. Big BCs are great arent they? My last BC who is now passed away was a big boy too. Theres just more to love if you ask me :rolleyes:

Our 45 pound smooth coat Zip jumps in my lap whenever he's worried. We took him fishing with us ONCE and every time we caught a fish he was in my lap!

Barb S

Now THATS comical :rolleyes: To bad you dont have a photo of that one. Sounds like a good way to win Americas Funniest Home Videos or the like. A Border Collie scared of a fish......Get that on tape! :D

RandomCrate.jpg

OMG, that is so funny.

Millie (30 pounds) fits herself in the most absurd places. When she was a puppy seemingly she was gone. We had no idea where she was. We were running back and forth calling her, then we heard a little whine in the living room and followed it. She had gotten herself jummed half behind and half under the couch. It was maybe 3 inches from the floor to the bottom of the couch and 4 inches between the wall and the back of the couch. I would hazard a guess she was about 15 pounds at the time, regardless too big to get back out.

She also fits in Lucy(non-bc)'s bed. I have a picture of her resting in it, though I wish I had a picture of her rolled into a teeny ball in it before she stretched out. Lucy's about 11 pounds. :rolleyes:

thisbedistoosmall.jpg

I think it's part of the Official Working Border Collie Standard that your dog has to be able to curl up in a five gallon bucket of water to cool off in. And that he or she will choose to do it even if there's a reasonably sized tank of clean water right next to it. :rolleyes:

When Shasta was a puppy, we couldn't find her one day. We looked and looked, and finally we found her curled up in the cupboard in a too-small frying pan. Now she's just a big oaf who, at almost two, thinks she's a chihuahua or something. She just doesn't understand that she's not a lap dog!

When Shasta was a puppy, we couldn't find her one day. We looked and looked, and finally we found her curled up in the cupboard in a too-small frying pan. Now she's just a big oaf who, at almost two, thinks she's a chihuahua or something. She just doesn't understand that she's not a lap dog!

Too bad you dont have a picture of that...that would have been a really cute picture! How much does Shasta weight? Even though they are medium sized dogs for the most part I wouldnt trade having them curl up on me or just lay on top of me for anything. Even when they are just a big oaf and they darn near knock the wind out of you, its great. One thing I try never to do is to turn them away when they are seeking affection; even if I have to go I will at least give them a big hug if they are asking for it. Personally, the bigger the dog the more there is to love and hug on if you ask me :D Imagine this flopped all over you on the couch :rolleyes:

Zak024.jpg

And then this comes careening in to join in the fun!

Koda2-8-08012.jpg

God help those of you with three or more dogs :D