BC Boards

So Proud

Well in the last couple of weeks Gypsy has made a proud mum! We finally achieved a Gold Level Certificate which is the highest level of achievement we can go at our particular dog school.It contains lots of basic good manners, control and some obedience exercises. She is going really well in our agility group Flyball she loves but gets too hyped up and wants to chase other team members ,I am sure many of you know that crazy look in their eye when you know its too late LOL

Tomorrow we are part of a demo group at Adelaides (capital city ) Pet Expo Im very excited, a little nervous, but very proud of my girl ! This time tomorrow I may not be so proud ,no I am sure she will be a good girl . Just thought I would share our story of late .

Hey, sounds like you and Gypsy are making good progress. I know what you mean about chasing other dogs in Flyball - I've given up Flyball with mine as it wasn't helping my efforts to get some impulse control in Fergus around agility equipment, and Kirra was more interested in chasing other dogs who had the ball, so she and I concentrate on agility now. (She is the one I was running at Adelaide Nationals.)

Hope your display team goes well at the Pet Expo - and hope it's not too hot. (The forecast called for 104 F for Adelaide - yikes that's hot.)

Hope it goes well at the pet expo.

Nope, I have no idea what it's like to have a dog that likes to chase in flyball :D Or come screeching to a halt just before he crosses the finish line and stare down the oncoming dog so that she ends up vaulting off the line judge to get to the lane. :rolleyes: Nope. Not at all. . . :D

Ah, well, he's a cute dog.

Have fun at your demo.

Well we had a great day .All 3 of the dogs from our dog school were so good . Gypsy high 5 d ,put toys away in the basket and did her "packing her case " rolled over and generally loved and patted to one inch of her life .She was an absolute star. There were hundreds of people thoughout the day and nothing fazed her .I too have given up on flyball as I know it is too hard for her to not chase others and it hypes her up too much ,if only we could have a one dog flyball team LOL

BTW she got 2 new toys for her effort today .

Congratulations, and excellent job! I'm glad you and Gypsy had a great time...and did well while you were at it! :rolleyes: