BC Boards

Bo found her forever home

The WBCR couldn't take Bo last weekend so I decided to keep her until they had room or I found her a home. After all I did agree to foster her so I can't just pass her off if the going gets tough. But on Wednesday a vey nice couple came into the shelter looking for a BC. Not sure if they wanted a pup or young dog. We didn't have either BC (they were getting spayed at the time) and the two pups were at their homes. But they stuck around asking me questions and never getting tired of my endless stories of Black Jack and other BC's I know. Believe me, I don't stop until someone says "I think that's enough stories for now" :rolleyes: So after talking to them for about an hour I told them about Bo. They wanted to see her so Icame home, got her, and went back. As soon as they say her through the window they fell in love. But I had decided that unless Bo really liked them I wasn't going to let her go. As soon as I got through the door and he said "Hi little one" She went running to him as fast as she could. She leaped into his arms and gave him a bunch of kisses. I could tell it was meant to be. They said they wanted to take her home. They came out to my house to get the puppy food and some of her toys. They talked for a while and said they would stop by every so often so I could still see her. Because they knew how much we loved her. I think it was a great match. They jog, snow shoe, ski, walk every day, and have a big house in the mountans.

I loved her to death, and still do. But Black Jack is a lot less stressed now. His diarrhea is gone, he's playing again, and actually comes out to the living room now. I have to say I miss the little booger. Now it's just me, Black Jack, my mom, brother, and dad. I feel like I lost two dogs forever in two days. But I know she's in a good home. I wouldn't have let her go if I didn't.

Have a great rest of your life Bo. Thanks for all of the fun and smiles you gave me. I'll never forget you.

Well done AJ. That whole process must have been incredibly tough . I know you wouldn't have done it lightly and I really admire you for having the courage of your convictions and selflessly doing what was best for both Bo and Black Jack. it. So pleased to hear that BlackJack is more his old self again!

Wow, AJ! Congratulations on finding Bo a great home! What a week you had! I'm sure it was a little bittersweet, to lose Sage and then to suddenly not have Bo either, but you should have the satisfaction of knowing you did what was best for everyone. Great job!

Congratulations!

I can only imagine how bittersweet it must be for you since you really loved her...but it sounds like she has found a great home with people she can love.

And you and Blackjack can get grounded again -- great that his system is back to normal.

You did all the right stuff!

It was very bittersweet. Although I know in my heart that I did the right thing by both of them, it feels so empty at home. Black Jack is doing his best to stay happy and keep me busy. Without him I would go crazy. I have noticed that he is wanting to play and cuddle a lot more now. At night he will just lay on my lap and watch tv with me. I still catch him just walking around looking for Sage or laying on the blanket she used. Does the emptyness ever go away? Even with Black Jack around?

Congratulations on sending little Bo to her forever home! It sounds like it was a trialing week - It must be reassuring to know you'll be able to watch her grow up. Thanks for your commitment in finding her the perfect family. :rolleyes:

Does the emptyness ever go away? Even with Black Jack around?

I know that you have suffered a double loss with Sage's death and, in a different way, Bo's leaving. And yes, from experience I know it does go away. I lost my Riley (my first dog and my first true love -- I was the kid who wanted a dog more than anything else in the world and was never allowed -- I got her when I was 33!) and a week later I got Skye as a puppy of 7 weeks. It took months really before I could see Skye as herself rather than as a replacement. Irrationally I couldn't understand why she wouldn't behave just like Riley had. We had a really tough time coming to terms with losing a dog that was so much a part of our lives, in every way. But slowly and surely (and not without much heartache), Skye and her weird ways have worked themselves into our hearts. I never thought that any other dog could fill the void that Riley's death left, but Skye-dog is an amazing girl and now I know that there is room in my heart to love again and again. I know that I will have to suffer the same loss when her time comes, but I know it's inevitable and that giving rejected dogs another chance in our home will always be a part of my life.

You have really done an amazing job. Keep it up and know that loving your dogs and missing them makes you the compassionate person that you are.

Ailsa