BC Boards

The goofiness of our dogs

I don't have a goofy video of my dogs just yet, but one is currently in the making...it's already edited, and I'm just trying to put the right music to put to it...and then it's going up here! :D Foxy is so cute and happy!! I watched a few of your clicker-training videos, too--she is doing great! It JUST occurred to me to teach Mojo to put his feet inside a metal pot last week, so you've got quite the head start on me! :rolleyes: Your Sheltie's weaves, btw, are really impressive!!! :D

I don't have a goofy video of my dogs just yet, but one is currently in the making...it's already edited, and I'm just trying to put the right music to put to it...and then it's going up here! :D Foxy is so cute and happy!! I watched a few of your clicker-training videos, too--she is doing great! It JUST occurred to me to teach Mojo to put his feet inside a metal pot last week, so you've got quite the head start on me! :rolleyes: Your Sheltie's weaves, btw, are really impressive!!! :D

Thanks! He was going along great and had a lot of potential, but 4 days before his first AKC he knocked into a tire and he now has a "trauma-induced" luxating patella. I find out in 2-4 weeks if he will need a $2500 surgery and also if there is a possibility that he could ever run agility again. I have some really bad luck!

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor Sheltie!! I hope he feels better, won't have to have surgery, and that he will have long and healthy agility career! Here is a link to my brand spanking newly uploaded goofy dog video, complete with edits, titles, credits, and music (I am so proud)! Hopefully it will make both of you feel better. :D Voila, my very second online video!! :rolleyes:

STARRING MOJO AND GODIVA!

The video of Foxy is great, she is doing really well with her training.

I took this video this afternoon, goofiness induced by multiple tennis balls:)

Starring Taj and Trinity, who joined in at first, but dosn't quite have Taj's enthusiasm for balls yet.

I want to see Mojo and Godiva but it keeps telling me that this video is not available in my country. I can view the mojo and wolfie video, but not the other two:(

Michelle

MagicGirl, your video of Magic making snowballs is so cute!!! I am jealous...I miss snow so badly!!

I want to see Mojo and Godiva but it keeps telling me that this video is not available in my country. I can view the mojo and wolfie video, but not the other two:( Michelle

Hi, Michelle! Taj is SO CUTE. He's growing into such a handsome boy! The tennis balls are hilarious...he looks simultaneously ecstatic and upset by the fact that there are SO many balls to gather up!!!! When you ask him to go and bring them to you, it looks like he is wailing, "Sure, Mom....but how????" :rolleyes: Trinity looks like she just wants to play with Taj, like you said...I love her bouncing! They make such an adorable pair. I watched a bunch of your other videos, too, but my favorite is definitely the blooper one you have of Taj and the "1...2....12...wait, I said 12, not 3!" How funny! :D

I'm so sorry about my videos...I think what has happened is that the music I chose for those two videos must not be licensed for replay internationally, AND the YouTube site is buggy. I'm a pro musician in my "spare" time, so I try my best not to infringe on other artists' copyrights...thus, I was super excited to see that YouTube was offering selected royalty-free music (for end users) courtesy of several different record labels, and so I chose John Prine's "Hello in There" for the "My dogs" video, and The Clovers' "One Mint Julep" for Wolfee's short clip....but since the tracks are available only through YouTube, I guess they have control over how and where the music is played. :D Everything was working fine for me last night, and the BF was so excited about the John Prine song that he ended up playing the "My dogs" video over and over on his computer all night, LOL.....nevertheless, now I can't get the music to play through YouTube itself either, but the videos WILL play correctly when embedded in external sites (which doesn't make much technical sense to me, but I'm not going to question it now). I even purchased the songs through iTunes so that I could remix them myself, but the darn DRM protection won't let me do it, even though the songs are freely licensed on YouTube, anyway. :D I am so sad that you can't see the videos with sound (or at all)...the music REALLY makes the difference! I thought the videos were cute on their own, but they suddenly came alive with the music, and particularly in case of the Prine song, I arranged the clips to go with the music....like when he says, "hollow ancient eyes," I zoom in Godiva's big round eyes. :D

In any case, if you are still interested, I am pasting the embedded links here in the hope that they might play for you WITH sound, and then if *that* doesn't work, I also uploaded SILENT copies of the videos too, just for you, so that the audio rights management thing should no longer be an issue and you should be able at least to view the movies if you want, even if the music is gone!!! Hopefully someday they will expand the licensing range. :D Here you go!!!

-->EMBEDDED video starring Mojo and Godiva, and right below it is the short clip of Wolfee (hopefully both play correctly with sound--please let me know): http://www.myspace.com/koisdogs

If that page doesn't work for you, here are the silent movies (which should at least play for you, no matter what):

-->SILENT MOVIE starring Mojo and Godiva: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/448597

-->SILENT SHORT CLIP of Wolfee being cute: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/741985

***ETA: if anyone in Canada cares to try watching the videos with sound, either from the embedded link above or through YouTube (in my original post), I would very much appreciate knowing if the sound will play throughout North America, or if it is limited to just the U.S. Thanks in advance! I am really getting into this video editing thing--it is so much fun, and technically much easier than I had anticipated!!!

Thankyou for going to all that trouble just for me! But I am glad you did, I can't believe how happy and spritely Godiva is, given all her medical issues, she is not letting that affect her and she looks in great condition. Mojo is lovely, for some reason I thought he was much bigger than he is, that bit of the clip where he is outside crouching on the step, that looks pretty BC to me (unless aussies crouch as well?). Your video editing was really well done, Wolfie is very cute and it looks like he gets on really well with your other two - is he going to end up a foster failure too?

I can only see the silent movies (better than none, but I know what you mean about the music making the vid's better) I wasn't able to view the Mysapce video, a message "Sorry this video is no longer available" came up, but I have seen this on a couple of videos lately, and was having a problem with myspace last week so I don't know if it is a problem this end or not.

Michelle

Jody your video of Abby cracked me up! Is she on the go like that ll the time? She sure seems like a hyper happy dog!

She is a pretty crazy girl! She's very good about settling in the house now but she is up and ready to go in a split second. I have yet to meet a dog that is as ..erm...excitable as she is. She does make me laugh all the time with her antics!

Jody, I think my mutt Lu is related to Abby. She has the same crazy dog antics! Any idea what Abby is? I call Lu a Maine Country Hound... or a best-guess mutt, as in "What is she?" "Take your best guess."

I want to steal Foxy... I have a serious soft spot for red tris with prick ears!

Jody, Abby is beautiful--so fit and elegant, but with such a sweet face--and she is just hilarious with her crazy antics. Your laughing at her definitely cracked me up, as well! It was so cute watching her play with...is that Ryan? Abby's so smart, too--I *loved* watching her bring you water from the fridge! Thanks also for letting me know that my YouTube videos aren't playable in Canada...I really appreciate the info! I'm so sorry that they aren't, though. Hopefully that will change soon.

Thank you for going to all that trouble just for me! But I am glad you did, I can't believe how happy and spritely Godiva is, given all her medical issues, she is not letting that affect her and she looks in great condition.
Hi, Michelle! No trouble at all--I love showing off my dogs, especially now that I have fun videos with which to do it. :rolleyes: Thanks so much for spending the time to watch them, and for all your kind comments! You know, just last month my vet said something similar about Godiva--i.e., that she looks remarkably well, considering how seriously sick she is...and that's totally true. In between the really bad, life-threatening times, she looks and acts perfectly healthy--for which I'm truly grateful. Her kidney function has actually not deteriorated very substantially in the last year--her creatinine is in a holding pattern right around 4.0--so I've been really thrilled with her current progress. There are good days and bad days, of course, but lately, the good days have far outnumbered the bad. I'm looking very forward to the possibility of having a big fifteenth birthday party for her in late May, and we're trying to take each day as it comes until then! Godiva is, without a doubt, one tough cookie--she's been through quite a lot in her little life!

Mojo is lovely, for some reason I thought he was much bigger than he is, that bit of the clip where he is outside crouching on the step, that looks pretty BC to me (unless aussies crouch as well?).
So many other people who have seen Mojo in photos have also said that they thought he was much bigger than he actually is in person (or on video)!! It must be his punk attitude (and his ridiculous amount of coat) that puff him up when he is standing still, or else I'm doing something really wrong with my camera. :D To me, though, Mojo really doesn't seem that small--18" at the shoulder, 29 lbs (down from 35 lbs last year), which would be very small for a purebred Aussie male and on the smaller side for a BC male, I think, but not extraordinarily small. I do realize that Wolfee is actually much taller (almost a full 6") and longer-backed than Mojo, but to me, Mojo seems almost the same size as Wolfee...so I have pretty much concluded that I must have some serious problems with spatial perception! :D People who meet Mojo in person do seem to fall pretty evenly into two camps--that he's either a predominant Aussie mix or a predominant BC mix--and then the remaining minority think he's something else, with spaniel being the most common guess in that last category. When my Aussie Rescue rep came to drop off Wolfee, of course she got to see Mojo again (she had seen him last year when I had first found him, too), and she stated again, as she did last year, that she was pretty confident that he was part-Aussie, but that there was something else smaller in there, too--but unlike most other people who say spaniel, she said she was thinking *Papillon* or *Japanese Chin,* and didn't really see any BC!!! Then again, my current agility trainer buys the Aussie, BC, and who-knows-what theory (and he thinks multiple breeds comprise the who-knows-what part), but my old agility trainer (who breeds BCs) saw only BC, who-knows-what, and no Aussie!! This past week, a lady actually stopped her car on the street to compliment me on Mojo's heeling (she had seen him do his nice auto-sit at a curb), and she called out to me to tell me what a "nice little Border Collie/spaniel mix" I had, completely unprompted by me. :D In any case, Mojo's breed mix definitely sparks a lot of interesting conversations with total strangers, let me tell you. Plus, I think people just see what they are familiar with...someone in the park today asked me if GODIVA was a Dachshund mix! :D

To try and answer your question, though, as far as I know, Aussies have varying degrees of eye and crouch, as do BCs, but BCs, of course, are known for having stronger eye and a lower crouch in general; Mojo certainly does like to stare at moving people/animals/things, but he does not creep very much...he tends to keep his body upright and just lowers his head and neck a bit below the level of his shoulders, as you see in that clip, and I think that particular posture is more typical of Aussie eye (but again, I'm just speaking in broad generalities--of course, I'm pretty sure there are looser-eyed BCs and stronger-eyed Aussies out there, too). If I had to sum it up, I think Mojo is very BC-like in his biddability, his coloring, the way his back and hind end are shaped, and in the way he lightly skims the ground when he runs, but his skull shape/stockiness/amount of bone/stance/coat/attitude, his strong guardian instinct, and the way he trots (he actually much prefers trotting to running) are all Aussie, to me, and then he has the Velcro personality and the strong need to be in control of everything that is common to both. I know he is about the size of a Springer or Brittany spaniel, and he has a very short snout, like a spaniel, but he doesn't have the domed skull, long spaniel ears, or leg feathering of most spaniels or spaniel mixes I've seen, nor does he move or act like a spaniel at all, IMO....he certainly can't hunt or smell anything (he has a truly awful nose), he hates water (except the ocean), and he's not a natural retriever (I had to teach him, and he will still only retrieve for treats, not for the joy of retrieving)....but what do I know? :D In any case, for all intents and purposes I say he is Aussie x BC, and most people are satisfied with that. I am STILL waiting for my vet to get that mixed-breed test (that I have been waiting for all year) into his office! I'm just dying to know what the DNA analysis will show for Mojo and how accurate/inaccurate it will be....any day now. :D I'm pretty curious about Wolfee's mix, too......and now you're yet another person who is worried that Wolfee might end up being a permanent member of this family--including, most of all, ME! This Sunday will mark his fourth week with me....oh DEAR. :D Northfield Nick, how about a super-cute red BI with gigantic prick ears??? :D

wolfeetongueout.jpg

Whatever Wolfee is, he's CUTE! Think I could pass him off as a funny-looking sheep? Then I might be able to have him :D Adding one to two dogs is a lot, but adding one to a hundred sheep is nothing! LOL

:rolleyes::D :D :D Wolfee probably wouldn't mind wearing a sheep costume for the rest of his life as long as you petted him for wearing it, and he might even be happy about it, too, like he is about everything. Your other sheep would probably see through the guise, though.... :D

You're totally right, though--my current life is a far cry from when it was just Godiva and me. Mojo's addition certainly livened things up, and now with Wolfee, I definitely know what it means to have an actual "pack" of dogs. :D "Time management" has become my new best friend!!! :D

Everyone's videos are great, I especially love how crazy Abby is! The song fits her perfectly :rolleyes: I know I'm coming into this one a bit late, but I have been meaning to make a new video for Gypsy since almost a year ago! This post just motivated me to do it!

Here it is, let me know what you think :D

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6oPherbjz3I