BC Boards

Popcorn feet

When I first met my husband he caught me lying on the floor petting Isla's tummy and smelling her feet - I call it corn chip feet. He thought I was a nut-bar but married me anyway.

One of the first things WE did with Rock was to determine if he had corn chip feet, which he does - who's the nut-bar now? :rolleyes:

I have to admit that I couldn't recall ever actually smelling my dogs feet before. Their breath, their fur, vomit and poop - but never their feet. So while Trinity was laying next to me on the lounge tonight, I remembered this thread and have to say, yes indeed her feet smell yummy and hubby thinks I am certifiably insane. Trin's feet smell like popcorn I think, but I have never smelled fritos either so can't compare. And the smell made me remember smelling one of my Jack Russell's feet years ago because they smelled exactly the same:)

I will check Taj's feet next time I get up. Hubby thinks I am certifiable, but my dogs just accept that I am weird;)

Michelle

Guest SweetJordan

Fritos? Is that what they smell like? I don't eat Fritos, but it's not because I don't like the taste. I'm just not a junk food person. But perhaps I am at heart because I love the smell of their feet. I'm always smelling my dogs' feet, and each dog I've had has had the same foot smell.

I'm glad someone else asked about Fritos - they are corn chips? Rhiw's feet smell that way definitely. Meg the Muttster, less so.

We've had this discussion before. for sure. DH prefers sniffing the feet whilst I love the ears. mmmmm.....

Yes, we are crazy dog people!

Wow this thread just made my day. In my lurking and looking around I find this utterly hilarious thread. I love it. I love the fact that so many people undeniably agree that their dog(s) feet smell like some kind of corn snack...be it the Frito or good ole popped corn. Recently I had my first Frito Pie...which is fritos in the bottem of a bowl and mounded with chili of choice (mine was veg) and cheese, onions and japalenos...and MAN is is good. But I digress...

Curly's are the Uber-Frito and Sheps are a hint of Frito, a milder Frito...maybe like a fake Frito.

Anyway THANK YOU for such a laugh on this Sunday. I really needed it for today is one of those days I don't feel like laughing so much. It took humans smelling their dogs feet, agreeing on the "flavor" to do this.

PS

My cat smelled like cinnamon up until the day he passed.

Bonnie's feet smell like corn chips. Is that what Fritos are? Because I've never even heard of Fritos, they're obviously not in Australia.

My Kelpie's feet smell like....feet....so I definately think the popcorn/corn chip feet are a BC thing.

LMAO I tested my "new significant other" yesterday and told him Foxy has Frito-feet (which she does big time!) He actually smelled her feet too and said... ha ha she sure does, why do they smell like that? I guess he might be a keeper if hes willing to smell my dog's feet!!!! LOL

Bonnie's feet smell like corn chips. Is that what Fritos are? Because I've never even heard of Fritos, they're obviously not in Australia.

My Kelpie's feet smell like....feet....so I definately think the popcorn/corn chip feet are a BC thing.

Yup... the full name is "Fritos Corn CHips."

But all my mutt-mix dogs have also had Fritos feet, so I don't think it's a BC thing. :rolleyes:

Mary