BC Boards

white border collies black eye marking

How common are white border collies with black eye marking. Until today I have never seen one except for Bandit.

I was getting ready to leave a dog park that I only go to occasionally. In walks Bandits twin. 4 yrs older and 20lbs heavier!

pictures to follow.....

My pup has a Black eye :rolleyes: Its hard finding pics of White BCs I've looked everywhere and only one site I found had extensive pics of near White BCs lol

Here's my girl, she's not as white as your boy but she is mostly white and has a half mask ;D

When I first got her (a few weeks ago)

Pic806107.jpg

A few days ago

Pic806123.jpg

Pic806131.jpg

Pic806132.jpg

Pic806147.jpg

Aww I love her/his white spot in the middle of her head! lol thats precious!

I love Bandit's Little Black eye too ;D

Here's an admirer of Kessie's we met at a BC get-together in May.

DSCF2987kl.jpg

DSCF2994kl.jpg

He didn't have a black eye but boy, was he gorgeous! At least I thought so. Kessie thought he was quite a waste of time, of course :rolleyes: .

He was deaf btw. I wouldn't even have noticed if his owner hadn't said he was, and if a little non-BC hadn't barked in his ear and looked royally miffed when he got no response.

Here's my Pip, taken earlier this month. He's pretty heavily ticked, but the ticking is overlaid by the longer white hairs and so doesn't show up as much as on other dogs (except on his face and legs, and when you see him in person). He's now nearly 15 weeks old. I tried him on sheep last night and he was a little wool-puller. What a hoot!

PA030030.jpg

PA030029.jpg

PA030026.jpg

PA030023.jpg

PA030051.jpg

Since someone brought up the white-factored thing, I will note that both Pip's sire and dam were white factored. Twist, in my avatar, has a lot of white, being nearly piebald:

PA030059.jpg

And this one I've posted before, photo by Christine Koval:

dbf0ac29411b67a4eb8835d2b181c2981.jpg

The sire looks like a classic B&W with a wide white collar, but has the white up to the stifle that indicates white factoring. Of 8 puppies in the litter, only one, Pip, was nearly all white. One other pup was piebald (Laura's Nick), and the rest were classically marked, some with heavy ticking, and one who is mostly black. Gotta love color genetics!

J.

Kessie, that white dog is drop dead gorgeous! All the pups above are adorable!

I love white dogs, mine only has his head white and a mask over one eye, but the rest of him is black, so he doesn't belong here, but still, I love seing pictures of all your gorgeous whites!

Wow! I always thought Bandit was a novalty, having never seen border collies that were not mostly black with a little white. It's really great seeing evryone's beautiful dogs. Please continue with the pitures.

Thanks to Eileen's picture of her first dog, with sheep, I can now imagine what Bandit would look like around sheep. Except for a slight difference in right eye marking, he looks identical to my Bandit to me.

They're all so cute ;D

I like seeing the mostly whites working because I have been having a hard time finding a mostly white BC working pic! I was beginning to wonder if a white dog scared the stock ;D lol

My girl? ;D She's got a Polka dotted nose lol but it is mostly pink. I dunno if it'll change? :rolleyes: