BC Boards

Agility names

OK I am rubbish of thinking of names - took me ages to think of Ben

But as a bit of training for him for later agility I wanted to take him into some agility shows up here

Problem is the only shows here your dogs have to be KC registered for

Not really a big deal - all I have to do is fill in a form and pick a 'pedigree name' and my little neutered, rescued mutt gets his papers :rolleyes:

Problem is I cannot think of any cool names for him (it can be about anything clean - one girl on another forum just got her god registered as 'run like Nell' - but nothing clever I can think of with Ben

- errm - well the boyfriend did suggest 'Ben Dover' but that is NOT and option

If possible I was wanting something to do with his fluffy ears as that is what everyone comments on (as a pet name I call him fuzzylugs)

Anyone any good at names??

Ben's "sporty" name is Brookcove's Been Sae Lang (he's all Scottish bred). Of course, back then I didn't think of the slightly naughty possible meaning and would have gone with something else if I had, but I don't think it occured to anyone else as I've never gotten any grief over it. :rolleyes:

In the UK I have to register more than 1 word and cant use my surname so just his name is out

Have had lots of suggestions but still no real ideas!! (I am rubbish at names)

Go Ben Go

White lightning (its a cheep cider over here that Ben loves playing with the empty bottles)

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben the hoose

The flying scotsman (scotsben)

Ven Aqui (come here in spannish)

!!!!

Or I can just leave the KC to name him but then I would end up with something I couldnt spell (the guy down the road has desert tulip!!)

I'm not too great at naming myself. Maggie's name is "Miss Maggie Mae Take It Away" (ick - I do not like my 15yo self's choice lol) and Ziva will be "Stardog's Can't Take the Sky". Remember that the registered name does not have to correspond to the call name. :D

What about something like Sir Benjamin of Glasgow? Make him sound all fancy and such! :rolleyes: Or Mcfuzzylug's Ben?

I'm terrible at this, but here are some Ben- and/or quasi-fluffy-ear-related suggestions, just for fun!!! I tried to imagine titles before and after these names, and they weren't TOO awful-sounding. :rolleyes:

--Ben Hur

--Big Ben Ears

--Ben Folds Fluff

--Ben's Marks of Eminence

--Ben's Auricular Ornaments (please don't use this one!!!!! I couldn't help posting it, though!!!)

--Las Orejas Vellosas (hairy ears in Spanish, I think?)

This next one is totally unrelated to ears or fluffiness, but I am watching a very interesting National Geographic program on smuggling alcohol right now, so what about:

--Ben Hauling Moonshine

MaggieDog, I love "Stardog's Can't Take The Sky"--that's very cool!