BC Boards

Wow!

afrancis

Is that the guy who advocates barking at the dogs to let them know they are doing something wrong?

Yuck! I've never seen this...I don't know if its him. Sounds like a nutbar to me.

Ailsa

So, I have ANOTHER story about him. Well, not exactly him, but his training company/outfit/co-workers, whatever you wanna call them. I just started Daisy in a reactive dog class. I really like this trainer, she is really down to earth, has 7 of her own dogs that were once in this class and now perform in trials and demos etc. Anyway, one of the girls in my class had taken her dog to his training facility. They had like 10 reactive dogs in a class :rolleyes: apparently all was going well and she was adjusting, so they told her to go ahead and take the dog to an off leash and just let her go to see what happens. Needless to say it didn't work, the dog freaked out and is back at square one. She stopped taking the classes because the trainers apparently couldn't figure out why she reverted back to her old ways....

Am I ever glad that I am proactive enough to go see the trainer in action before I pay for my classes!!

• 2 months later...

:rolleyes: Bill says, "Kill your television. It's the only thing to do."

Save some money, and don't buy one in the first place! I actually love it that I have no idea what any of y'all are talking about. Haven't had a TV in a house I've lived in since college (which was a looooong time ago), don't miss anything about it (OK, there are some good things, but....), and would MUCH rather spend time training (or just lovin' on) my dogs.

Ohhh..I envy you! I wouldn't miss having a t.v. but hubby is a t.v. addict. When we were first married I was adamant about NO t.v. in the bedroom and we still adhere to that one! But, we have a t.v. in the basement rec room, and one upstairs in the office/den. I completely banished the monster from the main floor. Put the piano in it's place! :D

Daisy I thought you were from Calgary. I met Brad a few years ago. He is very arrogant and I find his training methods far too aggressive for me and it is reflected in his show. We have nothing in common, he seems to know nothing about herding training. Someone mentioned watching dog training is boring, it is. Shows like Brads are pumped up, over the top like many shows on TV to make them appealing otherwise they don't survive. Brad is no exception. He does what he can to make his show sensational. I have no idea if he is a good trainer but he sure is giving the world the wrong idea about dog training and ownership. We need a Counter Network, the Real Reality Show Network to counter shows like Brads and give the world a view of what is really real. But that probably won't work, too boring. We will likely see more shows like Brads but taken a little more to the extreme, if it sells it will be on TV. Turn Brad off, watch the Flames, say hello to Calgary.

• 2 weeks later...
Daisy I thought you were from Calgary. I met Brad a few years ago. He is very arrogant and I find his training methods far too aggressive for me and it is reflected in his show. We have nothing in common, he seems to know nothing about herding training. Someone mentioned watching dog training is boring, it is. Shows like Brads are pumped up, over the top like many shows on TV to make them appealing otherwise they don't survive. Brad is no exception. He does what he can to make his show sensational. I have no idea if he is a good trainer but he sure is giving the world the wrong idea about dog training and ownership. We need a Counter Network, the Real Reality Show Network to counter shows like Brads and give the world a view of what is really real. But that probably won't work, too boring. We will likely see more shows like Brads but taken a little more to the extreme, if it sells it will be on TV. Turn Brad off, watch the Flames, say hello to Calgary.

Yup, in Calgary. Looks like most of his shows are taped here now...I think watching dog training (like the classes I go to) on t.v. would be incredibly boring, unless you're a hardcore dog nut, like me...I'd probly watch it at least once. He seems like he's pretty arrogant, I wouldn't spend much time talking to him I'm sure.