BC Boards
MaryP

more questions about merles

PicturePrefect.jpg

Cue has the same build. Hes really young in this picture and has filled out now but you can still see how blocky his head is. He has the same head as your merle boy and is fully working bred.

Katelynn

His lines may well be good even if the breeder's breeding practices weren't.

Thanks for the info Mary - nope nothing good that I can see in this ped.

Karen

It's nice to be right about the breeding, but seeing the dogs out there filling rescue is so annoying and sad. Even the one good dog in this family tree might not even be there - it's hard to know when records aren't kept correctly and dogs aren't kept in such a way that breeding is regulated.

Thanks for the information!

What do you mean by nothing good in his pedigree?

Based on what his "pedigree" said I doubt it really is what it says it is. Quite simply with the *** in there I would throw it all out as falsified.

Karen

Based on what his "pedigree" said I doubt it really is what it says it is. Quite simply with the *** in there I would throw it all out as falsified.

Karen

Gotcha - I didn't twig onto that right away. I was looking at the dogs

Wow, talk about a walk through the past. The merle is probably coming from KC Simon Says, way back in that pedigree. My Bailey was a daughter of that dog --

medium.jpg

He came from the Sagebrush dogs out in SD and was owned by a small scale backyard breeder here in NC. She had several breeds, puppies all the time, etc. Bailey was my first BC and i didn't know squat when i got her, just found the ad in the paper and went and got her. As you can see from the picture, Bailey was a bit aussie looking on her own, especially for a bitch.