BC Boards

Chesney seems a little "off"

Chesney's Girl

While I think I am just paranoid, his behavior the last couple of days has been on my mind. I pulled a young (maybe 9mo-1yr old) female from the shelter on Friday. She had Kennel Cough, but Chesney has been enough places that exposed to "everyday colds" enough that I wasn't worried of him catching it. Plus he is a healthy guy.

These last couple of days he has been acting more restless than he normally is in the house, acting like he's hungry. His activity level and food intake has not changed. He's been laying in different places on the floor than he normally does, and just kind of not listening too well... Its almost like he does his own thing and listens when its convenient for him. Its just been enough to make me notice that he has been off... I don't really know what I'm asking lol Does anyone else ever notice that their dogs are kind of off for a couple of days? Do you guys think that its just because of the foster pup coming in on friday? She is kind of our first foster in about 2 years...

I dunno I might be just rambling and needlessly bothered...

Has the female foster been spayed?

If not, she could be coming into season and he's reacting to that.

Or he could just be reacting to having another dog in the house, especially if she's getting attention from you.

As long as his appetite is good and his energy level is good, I'd be inclined to think it's just stress from the new dog. But I'm not a vet, nor do I play one on TV.