BC Boards

White ring on red pup's tail

Flurry's starting to develop a white ring around his tail, and I remembered reading a thread about it a while back. I did search and found the old thread http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.p...c=10167&hl= There seemed to be some question as to whether the ring means anything about the dog's heritage or if it might just be an indication of white factoring. Any more thoughts on this? It seems like an odd yet very distinctive kind of a marking.

I responded in that thread that I know plenty of white factored dogs without the spot. The only time I have seen it is in dogs I knew related through a particular litter (pups, grandpups, great grandpups, cousins, etc). I would be interested in seeing your new puppy's pedigree. I wonder if they are related.

I responded in that thread that I know plenty of white factored dogs without the spot. The only time I have seen it is in dogs I knew related through a particular litter (pups, grandpups, great grandpups, cousins, etc). I would be interested in seeing your new puppy's pedigree. I wonder if they are related.

I will see if I can get that info. He was donated to my sled team and didn't come with any papers, which was fine with me since I don't breed (spay/neuter all of mine), and I don't herd, so herding lines aren't important to me. I do know his parents are working dogs though, from working lines. I just don't know what ones, and probably wouldn't recognize any names even if I did have them!

does anyone know where the tale sprang from, ie where the original red McCulloch from the story came from?

i ask cos brighid is from the welsh hills, and she has the white ring, as do her red relations, but none of the black and whites or tri's.

you guys with the 'Red McCulloch's', where do your dogs lines start from?