BC Boards

Annie Started Agility Training

Well, Annie attended her first Agility Foundations class last night. Because the first session is spent primarily on discussion of basics, she did not have a lot of opportunity to strut her stuff. (The vet tells us that she thinks Annie will be am agility superstar.) But in what she did do, she outshone the rest of the class. Of course, she is the only BC in the class, so I would expect that. But what shocked me is the fact that a dog who can be such a brat at home, can be so focused and well-disciplined when she gets in a group with other dogs; it is almost as if she is showing off for the others. I am reminded of the days when my boys were kids and I would go to Parent-Teacher conferences, where I was told how polite and attentive my kids were; I would always have to ask, "Are you sure you're thinking of the right child?"

Next week, we actually start doing some work; I will let you know how Annie makes out...

. I am reminded of the days when my boys were kids and I would go to Parent-Teacher conferences, where I was told how polite and attentive my kids were; I would always have to ask, "Are you sure you're thinking of the right child?"

haha, my mum and dad used to say that about me when the teachers said i was very quiet, it was not at all like i acted at home :rolleyes:

Good for you and Annie, sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun for you both. I am not surprised she did so well, she is a BC after all and they are so clever perhaps she was showing off a little. :D

Let us know how she does next week.. :D

Guest SweetJordan

I have no doubt that she'll be at the top of her class. All the BCs that I've seen in agility class were just far superior to the other dogs. Even the Aussie we had in one class was no match. They really are show offs. Our backyard is pretty private, but I've caught some of the neighbors trying to take a peek at Riley playing Frisbee.